- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
It is important to be prepared for the IELTS test; otherwise it could prove to be a slippery walk on a treacherous path. Being well prepared for the test will help you stay confident on your test day thereby making it easier for you to crack it. If you are anxious about how to approach this test, then go through this piece, it will help you.
Four commandments that will help you score well in IELTS are:
- Identify (Goals)
Action Plan for IELTS Test Preparation
- You need to familiarise yourself with the test format; what the test is looking for in candidates and how you should go for it. The test, as has been said, has two modules: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
- Know which test is for you and understand the pattern and kind of questions that are asked in the module you’ve opted for. Except for Listening and Speaking, there are separate tests for Reading and Writing: Academic Reading & Academic Writing, General Training Reading & General Training Writing.
- Familiarise yourself with the test by reviewing the content of the test; questions, time duration, rules and regulations, etc.
Practice makes a man perfect: IELTS Preparation Books and Sample Test Questions
Going through the sample test materials is quite crucial as they help you in getting the nerve of the examination. These practice test materials help you in familiarising yourself with the questions and getting an idea about what the examiner wants with them with respect to Listening, Reading, Writing (LRW) and Speaking.
In order to be better prepared it is always recommended that you should go with the official practical materials. So, IELTS has two sets of official practice materials; scientifically curated materials by subject-experts to resolve all your worries completely. Both volumes of the practice materials consist of the Listening, Reading, Writing (LRSW), and Speaking tests with sample answers and examiner comments.
Added benefits of the IELTS Essentials Practice Material:
- IELTS tips coming straight to you from examiners
- A handy checklist that makes IELTS test preparation easy
- Everything that you need to expect on the test day
The Final Step: Building a strategy
Identify composition of questions as in level of toughness. Chalk out your goals. Strategy building will help you score better in your test. Know your strengths and weaknesses. You can understand this once you start practicing sample tests. Focus more on what you think can bring down your score.
The last and the final step is to get accustomed to the testing environment. Therefore, it is important to rehearse. Sit for mock tests, work as per the time provided during the test. This will also help you understand the pressure your mind gets into while taking the test. Taking the mock test will always keep you one step ahead of others and most importantly, it will prepare you better for the actual test day.
Book an IELTS test near you
IDP IELTS test centre network offers tests in various locations in Malaysia. Search for a test location near you.
Download a free IELTS preparation pack.