- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
If you are looking forward to commencing your career in engineering, Australia is the most favourable place, experts would suggest to you. As it has so much for engineers, a vast number of students travel to this small continent to gain a large amount of knowledge.
Benefits of pursuing engineering courses from Australia
There are several advantages of studying in Australia.
- A wide range of engineering courses is offered by Australian universities. Biomedical, environmental, aerospace, industrial, geological, petroleum, mining, marine agricultural, materials, mechatronics, computer, chemical, telecommunications, electronics, electrical, mechanical, or civil – all branches are taught well and widely on Australian land. It lets the student select the course which suite their interest and mindset.
- You can also go for Vocational Education and Training courses (VET), which open the doors for you to be engineering technologist or engineering associate.
- If you are already an engineer and working in any reputed firm, you can undergo PG programs like MBA will act as the ladder to your bright career.
- There are countless good engineering colleges in Australia list to choose from.
Job Opportunities after Pursuing Engineering Course from Australia
- Due to the shortage of engineers, especially in the mining sector, there are widespread of opportunities for the fresh engineers. This opportunity of increased demand of graduates could be seized by international students having high hopes to get employed in Australia.
- Engineering graduates, working in Australia, can expect average to high salaries (up to $60K).
- Skilled migrants can fill the empty places, which is becoming vital for Australia.
Migrating Opportunities to Australia
The field of engineering in Australia is experiencing rapid growth in Australia. Migrants, having skills and potential, are in high demand in the country due to its low population density. To get help in fulfilling economic needs, Australian government easily provides permanent residency visas to the skilled immigrants.
Graduates migration can take up any of these opportunities:
- A prolonged stay to gain expertise through a post-study work visa
- Gain Sponsorship Program
- Application for Permanent Residency
Work and Gain Experience in Australia
Experience is important in every field, which is not untrue with the engineering too. You should have practical knowledge, along with the theoretical knowledge. While studying in Australia, you can go for Co-operative courses too. Here, you may get placed in an Australian firm. Work experience programmes often last for 1 year, and hence, can be utilized well by international students. So during your studies, you have enough chances to gain valuable experience. The engineering degree, possessed during your study in Australia, is well-recognized in other countries also.
The engineering colleges in Australia require you to pass the IELTS test, before you apply for admission in any of its universities. So, make sure that you clear this test with satisfactorily marks. Without that, your dream of pursuing the engineering degree from Australia cannot be accomplished.