- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book Your Test
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS stories
- IELTS for UKVI
- Get ready for IELTS
- Download Forms
- View my Result
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Applying for visas is often seen as complicated, but IDP Education’s trained counsellors are experts in guiding students through the application process.
There are several types of student visas for Australia; the one you need depends on the type of study you are planning to undertake.
You are required to lodge your application for a visa at least 12 weeks before the orientation date at your institution.
You will need the following documents for your visa application:
1. Visa application form (which your education counsellor will help you complete)
2. Visa application fee
3. Four passport-sized photographs
4. Valid passport
5. Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (once your counsellor has applied to institutions for you)
6. IELTS result (your counsellor can book your place in an English test)
7. Academic and work experience documents
8. Statement of purpose
9. Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare).
* For detailed visa application checklist, please speak to your counsellor.
On lodging of your visa application, your counsellor will download the medical forms. You will need to undergo a medical examination by a doctor and have the forms completed.
Your application will be allocated a unique Transaction Reference Number (TRN) by the Australian Government. You may find out about the status of your application online.