- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
New Zealand, known for its world-class infrastructure and in-depth curriculum for higher studies, is now a widely-chosen study destination. The country hosts 8 top universities, with numerous courses available at various levels. These universities are preferred by the Ph. D. or Post Graduation students, who are interested in studying abroad.
New Zealand provides the most peaceful environment and advanced learning facilities. These universities have earned global recognition for the inspiring environs, affordable fee, scholarships and academic excellence. PhD in New Zealand can be pursued in 100’s of subjects, like Medicine, Musical Arts, Music, Fine Arts, Psychology, and Clinical Education, etc.
Why study in New Zealand?
- 8 Top global universities
- 40000+ international students
- Globally-recognised academic infrastructure
- Unique training and research opportunities
- Manageable expenses due to convenient fees and scholarships
- Diverse and innovative environment & culture
PhD in New Zealand Cost may differ from institute to institute. Other charges like student service fee are also applicable.
- Bachelor's (honours) degree in the first division.
- Postgraduate degree with at least second division (Preferably, 1st)
- Research work or thesis at Master’s level
- IELTS score to prove English language proficiency.
- Reference letter from any two lecturers of your college.
- Photo ID proof, Visa, etc.
PhD course duration in universities of New Zealand
It is usually a 3-year full-time programme with an extension of maximum 6-years. Part-time PhD courses are not available.
Most preferred doctorate degrees in New Zealand are Doctor of Clinical Psychology, Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Education, etc.
Benefits of pursuing PhD from New Zealand
- No additional charges for non-native students.
- You can admit your children to any school in the country.
- Work visa after completion of study for next 12 months
- Open work permit for the spouse.
What are the admission requirements for Ph. D. in New Zealand?
For a PhD programme, you are generally evaluated on two bases, i.e., existing qualifications and a research thesis. Details are as mentioned below:
- Master’s degree in the desired subject.
- Only Bachelor's degree for potent students, with extra-fine grades, who are ready to do PhD level work.
- Satisfactory grades in Masters and Bachelors (check as per university requirements)
- Considerable research modules at Master’s level.
- The research project, to prove that you possess sufficient potential to lead to a PhD programme.
- With your research proposal, you will be judged on your thoughts purpose and methodology
- You do not need to do detailed research; your work should be clear and impressive and practical.
- PhD in New Zealand University is not only about having an academic qualification, but also research is an integral part of the PhD programme.
You need to have health insurance policy, either from your native country or from the respective institute.
Funding & scholarship
Funding options are also available to cater financial problems of international students. Scholarship can be availed by students, who have a proper academic qualification. International students are rewarded by University-funded, government or private scholarships.