- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Education in the UK has a long tradition of excellence. The universities in the UK are the most reputed and have high rankings amongst all other countries. The country is famous for all kinds of educational programmes, but what catches most eyes is the master’s degree in the UK. Around half a million international students apply for masters in UK every year. Here we are sharing some worth considering information regarding higher education in the UK.
Why study for Masters in UK?There are so many advantages of pursuing masters from the UK; some of the reasons are listed below:
- Those candidates who successfully complete their masters in UK have a promising career ahead. The reason is the universal reputation of the UK education system. Those who have earned certification from a UK university have the key to a bright future.
- A master’s degree in UK provides an internationally recognised qualification which provides a chance to work in any corner of the world. The candidate who has successfully completed his/her education from the UK is free to go and work in any country.
- The best part of getting a master’s degree in UK is that the degree comes with more knowledge and experience than a student could think of. This education weighs more than the course of the career requirement.
- The students are free to work part-time while doing their masters in UK so that they can earn extra bucks for their living as well as to gain more experience in their niche.
Master’s degree in the UK-Most master’s degrees available in the UK follow two kinds of teaching procedures:
The Taught Masters is a type of master’s degree where students are required to attend seminars and tutorials weekly. It is more like a graduate degree and the assessment is done on the basis of exams and projects. This educational programme is mostly offered for management, engineering, and some branches of humanities and science and all of them last around 1-2 years full-time in duration.
A research degree is a kind of masters degree in UK, which is based on the student’s study around a thesis while being supervised by an academician. M.Phil, M.Res, PhD are one of the most popular research degrees which takes 3-4 years for completion, and the students are required to write the thesis of about 60,000 to 100,000 words.
Here is a list of most common study options in the master's degree in UK. These are the most popular courses pursued by students from all over the world.
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters in Business Administration
- Masters in Psychology
- Masters in Journalism
- Masters in International Relations
These higher education programmes in the UK are famous globally and have a great impact on a student’s professional life.