- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Attaining doctorate from an international university is desirable for all scholars as it proves their superiority over others. Moreover, studying in a developed country assures the quality of research and teaching. For an international student, PhD in UK University offers an opportunity to expand your network by gaining a renowned academic qualification.
The UK and its surrounding universities are the ideal centres for higher education. Upholding leading universities, the country is reckoned with world-class research and training facilities. These universities rummage around for creativity and innovation to enable students to work individually. The stimulating environ allows them to excel in the desired stream. Constant residence in the UK also improves English language skills, which further increases the chances of getting employed in a good local company.
Ph.D. in UK takes 3-6 years to complete the programme. It is solely a research degree program. You can go for combined condensed Master’s + PhD program, which usually takes four years (2+2).
- A postgraduate degree, or its equivalent, in case of arts and humanities subjects.
- Students with a science background can go on for the Ph.D. program, directly after their undergraduate degree.
- During your academic year, you get opportunities to get enrolled in many part-time degree programs. This will help you to gain theoretical plus practical knowledge together.
- The UK has high employment ratio. The chances of international students, getting recruited in the same place, after the completion of the course, are high.
- Ph.D. in UK University allows you to choose research topic according to your understanding. Under experts’ supervision, students can work on their selected topic solely, once it is approved. You may get chances to work through studentship, which will enable you to work on an already running project.
- Concerned about scholarships? A strong candidate pursuing Ph.D. in UK can get upto 100% scholarship.
How to apply for a PhD?
You can submit an online application to your desired university. You’ll be required to fill in your details, upload scanned documents and photographs.
Every university has its entry requirement. So, confirm entry details of the university, you want to study in.
When to apply?
Though Ph.D. in UK has different admission dates, if you want to get the benefit of scholarships offered, then you need to hurry up, as the seats are limited due to rising competition. Scholarships and Studentships options are filled, 3 to 6 months before the commencement of course.
Points to remember
- There are deadlines for scholarship programmes. Make sure you are applying on time.
- Scholarship application is to be filled, while applying for the course.
- You can get scholarships related to your academic ability or financial needs.
- Types of scholarships offered by the government- Full scholarships, Part-time scholarships, Course-specific scholarships, country-specific scholarships, External Scholarships.
All British universities require complete documentation to prove your eligibility, along with English proficiency test like IELTS to confirm your English language skills. You are required to score IELTS to meet the requirements, as per the university cut-off. Submit your application after collecting all documents. If any document found to be missing, your application will be cancelled.
Get in touch with IDP to get complete guidance on pursuing PhD in UK.