- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Considered as the second most popular destination for students from around the world, the UK attracts thousands of students every year. But, while the country is beautiful and has a large number of universities and colleges that offer high-quality education, getting there takes a lot more than just packing your bags and getting on a flight. There are a lot of formalities that go into getting a student visa for the UK. So, let's take a look at some of the important documentation that is required to successfully obtain a visa.
Non-holders of EEA/EU/Swiss passport or national ID need to get permission from their local immigration office stating that they are free to apply for studies in the UK. Depending on the course and financial status, students require special visas before leaving their home country.
Categories for Student Visas in the UK
Based on the length of the course, a student's visa can fall under various categories.
- Short Term Student Visa
- Tier 4 Study Visa (Child)
- Tier 4 Study Visa (General)
Documentation Required For Study Visa
The visa requirements in UK all depend on the type of course, the length of the course, and other criteria.
For a short term study visa, students require:
- Current passport and valid ID.
- Financial records for 6 months and proof you can pay for the course.
- Details of travel plans and living.
- Medical reports.
- Contact details of a guardian in the home country.
- Proof of the student’s acceptance into a university.
- Name of the course, duration, and cost.
- Student’s academic documents.
- English proficiency tests.
- Sponsors occupation and financial details.
Documentation Required For Tier 4 Study Visa (Child)
For any student applying between the ages of 4 and 17 years, a number of documents are required for successful acceptance into a school.
- Financial details and proof that the student is capable of paying the tuition fees and other expenses for the duration of the course.
- Parent's consent or legal guardians consent.
- Medical test reports.
- Acceptance letter from a Tier 4 sponsor.
Documentation Required For Tier 4 Study Visa (General)
The Tier 4 Study Visa (General) is for students above the age of 17 applying in universities and colleges within the country.
- Avalid travel ID.
- Financial records showing the student can pay for the fees and expenses during the course.
- Medical test reports.
- Parental or legal guardian consent.
As mentioned above, these documents are a necessity for all students applying in the UK. All these UK visa requirements are important and need to be delivered before you get your appointment date with the local UK embassy. So, before you make plans of leaving, check that all your documents are in order.
If this sounds too complex to you, don’t worry! Your IDP counsellor will explain you which VISA need to apply for and how to go about with the process.