- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book Your Test
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS stories
- IELTS for UKVI
- Get ready for IELTS
- Download Forms
- View my Result
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
The United States of America is the most sought-after destination regarding higher education the world over. The USA has a distinctive allure and has always been successfully drawing talented students like a magnet. Studying abroad in an American university enables one to attain invaluable academic, professional and personal growth while, at the same time, opens up an infinite number of career opportunities after completion.
There are some significantly convincing reasons behind saying so, which are:
- Some of the most valued world-class international universities are in the USA;
- Study whatsoever you like to pursue or have interested in;
- Be the part of groundbreaking research, churning evolutions;
- US universities have engaging campuses - universities are like small student towns;
- The USA is the most accommodative, multicultural country - one can quickly overcome the culture shock;
- Success after completion of education is a certainty;
- One evolves to be self-reliant amidst independently-minded people;
Pursue your dream education – A guide to visa requirements in USA:-
To study at one of the United States universities the student should be in possession of an appropriate visa. But, before applying for a visa, the student is required to get her admission application be approved or accepted by her US college or university. Once the student’s application is accepted, the educational institution, in context, will provide the necessary approval documentation to the student required in submitting while applying for a student visa.
Types of Visa and Criterion:
F-1 Visa: If a student wishes to engage in academic studies in the United States at any of the approved school viz., accredited U.S. college or university, private secondary school or approved English language program then he or she needs to have an F-1 visa. Also, the F-1 visa is mandatory if in the case one’s course of study is more than 18 hours a week.
M-1 Visa: If a student wishes to engage in non-academic or vocational study or training at any one of the US institutions, then one needs to be in possession of M-1 visa.
For acquiring an F or M visa, one needs to follow certain USA visa requirements, as under:
- A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, also known as DS-160, Form;
- A passport, valid for travel to the United States with a validity date of at least six months beyond the student's intended period of stay in the United States. If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must apply;
- One 2”X2” (5cm x 5cm) photograph;
- An approved Form I-20 from the student’s US school or program;
- A Form I-901 SEVIS fee receipt indicating that the SEVIS fee has been paid;
- A receipt, showing that the student has paid an amount of US$ 160 non-refundable non-immigrant visa application processing fee in the local currency.
So, we have discussed all the bare minimum pre-requisites of the visa requirements in USA that a student aspiring to study at one of the US universities should fulfill.
Book your free appointment today.