- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Studying abroad is the best way to explore the world in the most effective way and unlock the door of unending opportunities. However, the very first hurdle that every student finds while planning for the abroad studies is “How to study abroad”. The question comes with several other queries, nervousness and the thought: ‘from where to begin’. Studying in a foreign land requires you to carry out a strategic plan and work on it with all efforts. Below are the steps to guide you through the whole process of studying abroad.
1. Make The Right ChoicesThe very first step you must be doing is selecting the right course, city and University for yourself.
- Select the course you want to pursue- Find out the course or programme you want to pursue by digging down while considering some factors. Choose the programme that you interests you and also consider your academic history and qualification along with good research on the future scope of the course in the global market.
- Choose The Right University- Selecting a reputed university that offers your interested programmes and known for providing quality education. Make sure the University also falls in your budget by doing some research.
- The City Selection- This factor is more influential than it seems and also among the important factors in the answer of ‘How to study abroad’ as the city and its culture will make a substantial impact on your academic stay.
2. Take The Mandatory Tests And Qualify The Eligible Scores
Once you have selected the desired course, the University and the city under the 'How to study abroad’ plan, you need to give the required tests for the admission. Fill out the application process and submit, along with this you need to give the tests and score the eligible marks to convert your dream into reality. After clearing the test with eligible scores send the scores to the University or college you intend to take the admission.
3. The Application and Visa
The next step is to send the Application to the University and collect their approval once they reply. Gather the visa requirements for the country and apply the visa application as soon as possible to acquire the visa without any delay.
4. The preparation Before Getting Aboard
The final step comes when you have a visa and admission approval with you, it's time to prepare yourself for the abroad study.
- Make sure you have already approached the accommodation service to get a place to stay in the city.
- Read about the city and its culture prior leaving for the place and prepare yourself to comfortably indulge in the new atmosphere.
- Try to brush up the local language and practice the language on a daily basis to learn the native language that will help you a lot during the academic stay.
- Get in touch with people who have already studied in abroad and ask them to share some useful tips or advice.
These steps will you help in answering your ‘how to study abroad’ question or you can also take help from the IDP counselors. Our counselors will help you at every point throughout the process to make the decision making easy.