- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services In Malaysia Provided By IDP Education
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Partner Institutions
- Step-by-step guide
- International Studies
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills
- IELTS Registration
- Prepare for IELTS
- View my Result
- Download Forms
- IELTS stories
- Become our Partner
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
A student goes through a riot of emotions -excitement and perplexity - while going abroad for study. You may have studied a lot on the internet about what to do and look before you leave, but still, there are some important tips and guidelines that only professionals can give. IDP education conducts pre-departure sessions to deliver crucial information to the students preparing themselves for their educational journey abroad. New University, new place, new people, make this preparation extremely necessary for students to enjoy their time during the course at the fullest.
The information you will get at the IDP pre-departure orientation programs
During the sessions, we aim to prepare the students for their educational stay at the foreign lands and try to deliver as much information as we can.
Preparing Yourself for the New Country and New Culture
The first challenge that almost every student faces while studying abroad is adjusting at the new place and making themselves comfortable in the local atmosphere. However, passing this hurdle is not such a difficult thing, if you follow some of the basic steps and prepare yourself in advance for the new place. The sessions are led by our experienced and skilled counsellors who will brief you on notes to consider before you leave for student life in the new country.
- Try to read and dig up about the city you are going as much as you can, the places and culture of the city. Find out how people there welcome a new comer.
- Start learning the local language before you leave.
- Read about the popular places of the city and hang out with the people who have already experienced the abroad education.
Making Sure You Pack Everything
The most common issues that most students who land in a foreign land for educational purpose face are missing some important documents or things. Here are a few things to keep in your bag:
- Make sure to carry your visa and passport which will take you to the other side.
- Remember to take your personal ID and carry it with you all the time.
- Do not forget to take the admission letter from the University and your educational certificates with yourself before you leave.
Our sessions help you out with the list of all required documents and other essentials that you will need in your new city.
How to deal with Homesickness?
The toughest part of staying in another country is being away from your family and friends. But you can minimize the effect of homesickness with the following tips:
- Try to stay out of your room as much as possible and explore new places whenever you get time.
- Don't be too hard on yourself, there will be times when you seriously miss your home just want to rush back, but try to divert your mind.
- Make more friends and hang out with them to make yourself feel home.
IDP Education makes sure that you are well-prepared for all aspects of your journey abroad before you leave. We take pride in providing end-to-end solutions for international studies. Our pre-departure programs have always been of great help to our students. In fact, we are also available to our students even after they have reached their study destinations. So, walk-in to your nearest IDP centre and get the best study abroad experience!