UTS is a contemporary, dynamic institution renowned for its practical approach to teaching, ground-breaking research and strong partnerships with industry. With a vision of becoming a world-leading university of technology, UTS is driven by rapidly-changing technologies and job markets to deliver world-class degrees and global career opportunities.
City (Sydney), NSW
Kuring-gai (Sydney), NSW
Faculties: Arts and Social Sciences, UTS Business School, Design, Architecture and Building, Engineering and Information Technology, Health, Law, Science, Graduate School of Health
Graduate with knowledge shaped by the latest technology, industry experts and practical experience, at UTS.
Located in the heart of Sydney’s creative industries hub - home to 70% of Australia’s major international creative IT companies - UTS hosts a vibrant, culturally diverse campus that reflects its globally-inspired ambition: to produce graduates that can achieve professional success worldwide. This international outlook has earned UTS a place among the world's top 25 most international universities according to the Times Higher Education University Rankings, with UTS students given the opportunity to study abroad in more than 185 universities across the world.
With a dynamic curriculum centred on global practice, UTS is recognised as a leader in industry-focused education. Partnerships with more than 150 companies offer UTS students outstanding opportunities to access industry experts and cutting-edge facilities, giving a competitive edge in their chosen profession. As a member of the Australian Technology Network of universities (ATN), UTS is part of a university consortium dedicated to working with industry and government to deliver highly developed practical courses to students.
Awarded 5 stars in all eight categories of higher education by the QS Stars for Excellence in 2014, UTS leads the highly regarded and distinctive ‘UTS Model of Learning’, a degree framework based on three core principles; practice-oriented education, professional engagement on a global scale, and research-integrated learning. ‘Learning.futures’, a collective of innovative teaching projects and initiatives, is a further UTS program that aims to shape the future of education delivery and ensure graduates are best prepared to succeed in a global and changing workplace.
Did you know...?
- Among the many distinguished UTS graduates is widely acclaimed actor and producer, Hugh Jackman, star of X-Men and Australia.
- UTS was the first university in Australia to introduce an undergraduate degree in forensic science.
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has recently joined UTS as an adjunct professor, playing a key role in the UTS Magic Lab that develops robots, autonomous cars and artificial intelligence.
Semester 1: February
Semester 2: July
UTS: INSEARCH for both English language and Academic pathway programs
Areas Of Study
UTS offers over 100 undergraduate and 150 postgraduate courses across eight academic faculties.
|Arts & Social Sciences
| Communication | Education | International Studies
| UTS Business School
| Postgraduate Programs | Accounting Discipline Group | Economics Discipline Group | Finance Discipline Group | Management Discipline Group | Marketing Discipline Group
| Design, Architecture & Building
| School of Design | School of Architecture | School of Built Environment
| Engineering & Information Technology
| Engineering | Information Technology
| Health | Health Services Management | Midwifery | Nursing | Sport and Exercise | Primary Health Care
| Communications Law | Dispute Resolution | Higher Degree Research | Intellectual Property | Juris Doctor | Legal Studies | Master of Laws
| Chemistry and Forensic Sciences | Environmental Sciences | Mathematical Sciences | Medical and Molecular Biosciences | Physics and Advanced Materials
| Graduate School of Health
| Health Policy | Orthoptics | Pharmacy
Teaching and Research Specialisations/Strengths
- UTS is set to usher in a new era of teaching, learning and research with the UTS City Campus Master Plan; a billion-dollar investment that will transform the campus into a world-class, cutting-edge educational precinct. Completed works include a state-of-the-art Engineering and IT building, advanced Science and Health precinct, and a world-leading UTS Science ‘Super Lab’, one of only two in Australia.
- Computer Science at UTS is the best in the country, ranking 1st in Australia according to the 2014 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). A comprehensive range of specialist areas is available to students, including assistive healthcare, advanced video surveillance systems, cloud computing, adaptive intelligent systems and advanced web technologies. Many courses are accredited, professionally recognised and/or open to membership, including to the Australian Computer Society.
- The UTS Faculty of Engineering and IT ranks in the top 100 out of 15,000 universities worldwide according to the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2014-15. The faculty is housed within a new state-of-the-art building containing the most advanced data visualisation arena of its kind in Australia, a design lab, software development studio, and the world-leading UTS Remote Laboratory, a space where students can conduct experiments from anywhere at any time, using the latest technology.
- UTS research areas reflect major global research priorities, with studies undertaken in Health Futures, Sustainability & Built Environment, Creative Industries & Civil Societies, Business Innovation, Communication & Intelligent Systems and Future Services, and Industries & Productivity. Research is carried out across a range of advanced UTS research centres including the ‘ithree institute’, Advanced Analytics Institute and the Design Innovation Research Centre.
- UTS is a 5-minute walk from Central Station, Sydney’s major transport hub
- Close proximity to iconic attractions such as Bondi Beach and the Sydney Opera House
- Located within a bustling shopping, restaurant and entertainment precinct
- World class campus with state of the art learning facilities
- On-campus student accommodation
- Wide range of student services available including English assistance, careers advice and counselling
- Over 100 student clubs available including photography, chess and anime
Sydney: Fast Facts
||Capital city of New South Wales
|Population:||Over 4.6 million
|Weather:||Temperate climate with over 340 sunny days per year
|Universities:||11 universities in NSW
| NSW Attractions:
||Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Blue Mountains
| Best known for:
||Over 70 stunning beaches, including Bondi and Manly Beach
| Interesting Fact:
||Sydney is the most popular city in the world for international students, beating more than 83 cities including London, Paris and New York, according to the 2014 Global Cities Index by global consultancy firm A.T Kearney
“My experience at UTS has been really wonderful. Being in Sydney, such a vibrant city, and providing the courses that I was interested in, that’s what got me enrolled in UTS. Having had that experience with a mix of people from different cultures and different skill sets, that has really prepared me for where I am today.”
Barsha Karki, Master of Engineering in Information Technology – UTS website
“Having those strong relationships with industry means the degrees are really relevant to what employers want in the market. I’ve been able to travel the globe helping clients improve their digital experiences, and I don’t think I would have had those opportunities without the ground work that I learned at UTS.”
Jess Nichols, Bachelor of Information Technology – UTS website
“UTS is progressive in its thinking that it is looking to create the next generation of business leader. There is a culture at UTS that is lead by its teaching staff that unwaveringly challenges you to be all you can be. It was fabulous. I got a huge amount of value out of the Masters Program....I credit it for changing my life.”
Sanjay Srider, Masters, Business in IT Management - UTS website
CRICOS Code: 00099F