- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS test format
- IELTS stories
- IELTS support
- Book your Test
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS master class
- About my results
- Get my results
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Applying for visas is often seen as complicated, but IDP Education’s trained counsellors are experts in guiding students through the application process.
There are several types of student visas for Australia; the one you need depends on the type of study you are planning to undertake.
You are required to lodge your application for a visa at least 12 weeks before the orientation date at your institution.
You will need the following documents for your visa application:
- Visa application form (either online or paper-based);
- Visa application fee (cash or credit card if application online);
- Valid passport;
- e-COE (Electronic Confirmation Of Enrollment) and unconditional letter of offer;
- IELTS results (if applicable);
- Academic and work experience documents;
- Evidence of financial ability where applicable, i.e. mainly for paper-based application;
- Letter of School Enrollment for children above 5yrs of age if accompanying the main applicant;
- Marriage Certificate where applicable;
- On lodging your visa application, you will need to undergo a medical examination.
* For detailed visa application checklist, please speak to your counselor.
On lodging of your visa application, your counselor will download the medical forms. You will need to undergo a medical examination by a doctor and have the forms completed.
Your application will be allocated a unique Transaction Reference Number (TRN) by the Australian Government. You may find out about the status of your application online.