- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study Abroad in Australia
- Study Abroad in USA
- Study Abroad in the UK
- Study Abroad in Canada
- Study Abroad in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- IELTS Testing Service
- About us
- Contact us
Study Abroad in Australia
Study Abroad in USA
Study Abroad in the UK
Study Abroad in Canada
Canada's best-known news magazine, Maclean's, has released its 25th annual ranking of Canadian universities, and several IDP clients have climbed their way into the top spots.
The famed Canadian publication ranks the institutions according to various criteria including student and faculty awards, total research budget, research citations, grants, library acquisitions and budget, student-to-faculty ratio, expenditures per individual student, retention rates, bursaries given, availability of student support, reputation, and student satisfaction.
Here are some of the results:
In the national Comprehensive Rankings:
• University of Waterloo climbed a spot to an impressive 2nd place
• University of Victoria found its way to 3rd place
• Carleton University in Ottawa jumped from 6th last year to 4th this year, followed by Guelph which improved to 5th.
Medical Doctoral University Rankings:
• Queen's University held fast in the 4th spot.
• The University of Alberta followed in 5th.
• Nova Scotia's largest university, Dalhousie is 8th on the same list.
Primarily Undergraduate Rankings
• Trent University in Peterborough jumped from 6th place last year all the way to 2nd place.
• St. Francis Xavier University improved to tie for 5th place with Acadia University, its Nova Scotia neighbour and another IDP client.
• University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) claimed 8th and University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) placed 10th on the same list.
We are proud to be partnered with each and every one of our client institutions, but it makes us especially delighted to see our partners gaining recognition in such a prestigious and widely read national ranking, especially since this is the kind of detail that IDP students and their parents love hearing about.
To study in Canada, discuss your study options with IDP Education counselors. Contact us.
Source: Maclean's 2016 University Rankings