- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study Abroad in Australia
- Study Abroad in USA
- Study Abroad in the UK
- Study Abroad in Canada
- Study Abroad in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- IELTS Testing Service
- About us
- Contact us
Study Abroad in Australia
Study Abroad in USA
Study Abroad in the UK
Study Abroad in Canada
Student Visa to study abroad in Australia requirements:
Applying for visas is often seen as complicated, but IDP Education’s trained counsellors are experts in guiding students through the application process.
Australia student visa types:
There are several types of Australian student visa; the one you need depends on the type of study you are planning to undertake.
You are required to lodge your application for a visa at least 12 weeks before the orientation date at your institution.
You will need the following documents for your Australia student visa application:
- Visa application form (which your education counsellor will help you complete)
- Visa application fee
- Four passport-sized photographs
- Valid passport
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (once your counsellor has applied to institutions for you)
- IELTS test result (your counsellor can book your place in an English test)
- Academic and work experience documents
- Statement of purpose
- Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare).
* For detailed visa application checklist, please speak to your counsellor.
On lodging of your visa application, your counsellor will download the medical forms. You will need to undergo a medical examination by a doctor and have the forms completed.
Your application will be allocated a unique Transaction Reference Number (TRN) by the Australian Government. You may find out about the status of your application online.