• Awarded a gold rating in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) for its outstanding teaching and learning.
• Ranked 34th place in Guardian University Guide 2018
• Named ‘Modern University of the Year’ in Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
• Named the best UK university for international students in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2016. NTU came top in reviews from international students. Ranked in the top ten universities overall.
• Recorded some of the highest student satisfaction levels in the country in the National Student Survey 2017
• Received the ‘Innovation in Internationalising the Student Experience’ and the ‘Excellence in International Student Support’ prizes at the 2016 NUS Internationalisation Awards
• Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education – the highest national honour for a UK university
• Nottingham Trent Students' Union (NTSU) has been named Higher Education Students' Union of the Year 2015 by the National Union of Students (NUS).
• Officially recognised as the most sustainable university in the UK after once again claiming top spot in the prestigious People and Planet University League 2016.
الحرم الجامعي الرئيسي:
التجهيزات: The university is composed of nine schools:
• Nottingham Business School
• Institute of Education
• Nottingham Law School
• School of Social Sciences
• School of Art & Design
• School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
• School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
• School of Arts and Humanities
• School of Science and Technology
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is a global forward thinking university. The University has a community of students and staff from over 150 countries around the world.
It has four campuses: City Campus, Clifton Campus, Brackenhurst and Confetti.
Awarded a gold rating in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) for its outstanding teaching and learning.
The satisfaction of NTU international students is amongst the highest in the country, according to the National Student Survey 2017. 91% of international students said they were satisfied at NTU compared to the UK university average of 84%.
NTU's pioneering research earned a 2015 Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, which is the highest national honour for a UK university.
The 2014 REF considered 90% of the university’s research to be world-leading, internationally-excellent or internationally-recognised.
The University offers great employment prospects to students at all levels. 96% of its graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduation (DLHE 2015/16).
Nottingham is in the top ten list of most cost-effective places for students to live. In the most recent survey, Nottingham came in at number eight in the NatWest Student Living Index 2016.
Students have named Nottingham as the joint fourth best student city in the world in the student view category of the QS Best Student Cities index 2017. Gaining a high score for tolerance and inclusion. Nottingham also ranks well for ease of getting around, arts and culture and friendliness. Survey respondents praise its student-focused “college-town feel”, green spaces, nightlife, and comparative affordability in the UK context.
NTU’s International Student Support provides personalised and specialist services regarding visa application, employment in the UK, NHS healthcare registration and study support. The team received the ‘Innovation in Internationalising the Student Experience’ and the ‘Excellence in International Student Support’ prizes at the 2016 NUS Internationalisation Awards.
International Student Fees 2018:
Undergraduate (full-time): £13,450 for all subjects; undergraduate courses with a work placement opportunity will also have work placement fee of £1,385.
Postgraduate Taught (full-time): £13,250 for all subjects except Business, Law and Science.
Business and Management
MSc Entrepreneurship £15,200
MSc International Business single award £15,200, dual award £15,700
Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) £14,800
Graduate Diploma Law (GDL) £8,500
Legal Practice Course (LPC) £11,300
Science and Technology (including Clinical Psychology)
Postgraduate courses with a work placement opportunity will also have work placement fee of £1,385.
Postgraduate Research (full-time MPhil/PhD): £13,250
NTU offers a wide range of scholarship opportunities for full-time international (non-EU) undergraduates and postgraduates. Further information on all available scholarships for international students:
Accommodation Fees: For 2017/18 prices vary from £85 to £166 per week depending on type of room and facilities.
Other budget and living costs: Average yearly living costs to be in the region of £8,000
Employability and Careers
NTU has a top 10 UK ranking for number of students on work placements. (HESA 2015/6)
NTU’s Employability Team help students: to find placements; internships; part-time work, write CV’s; take gap years and much more. The team also offers services regarding CV support, interviews and career ideas.
The University’s Qualification in Career Guidance (QCG) team has scooped the Best Practice in the use of Technology Career Development Award in 2015, sponsored by Prospects, at the UK Careers Development Institute Awards in Cardiff.