The University of Sussex is a leading research –intensive university near Brighton, currently ranked top 20 in all major league tables. We have both an international and local outlook, with staff and students from more than 100 countries and frequent engagement in community activities and services.
الحرم الجامعي الرئيسي:
• School of Business, Management and Economics;
• School of Education and Social Work;
• School of Engineering and Informatics;
• School of English;
• School of Global Studies;
• School of History, Art History and Philosophy;
• School of Life Sciences;
• School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences;
• School of Psychology;
• School of Media, Film and Music;
• Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Why Choose University of Sussex?
By choosing come to Sussex for a term or the whole academic year you will be taking part in a vibrant student experience on a safe and welcoming campus. We offer one of the largest study abroad programmes in the UK. You can choose from more than 1,000 modules as well as special programmes and English language options. We are 10 minutes from the centre of the vibrant cosmopolitan seaside city of Brighton & Hove. London, the historic capital of the UK, is just an hour away by train, and Gatwick Airport is 30 minutes away by train.
The University of Sussex prides itself on placing a strong emphasis on creative thinking, academic diversity and intellectual challenge. Staff is highly motivated and deliver courses that are informed by the latest research.
- Sussex attracts top researchers who take on roles within the faculty. This means that students benefit from being able to draw on a vast pool of expertise.
- In total, the University has over 2100 staff, around 270 of whom are dedicated research-only staff.
- The University can boast of having had three Nobel Prize winners, 13 Fellows of the Royal Society, six Fellows of the British Academy and a winner of the prestigious Craford Prize on its faculty.
- Possibly it’s most renowned area of expertise is within the chemistry department which has seen two members of its faculty awarded Nobel prizes and a number of members, including the current Head of Chemistry, elected as Fellows of the Royal Society.
- Staff at the University of Sussex have received National Teaching Fellowship Scheme awards each year for past four years. This places the University into a very select group of institutions who have managed to achieve this kind of record.
- In the 2016 Student Satisfaction Survey, 88% of Sussex students said they were satisfied or very satisfied with the teaching on their course.
- The University of Sussex carries out world-leading research that has a positive impact on people’s lives. Over 75% of research activity at Sussex is categorised as world leading or internationally excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
- Sussex had particular REF successes in Psychology, Geography, Biological Sciences, International Relations, Anthropology, Politics, English, History, and Media & Film.
From its foundation, the University of Sussex has had an international outlook. Students from over 120 countries attend the University and nearly a third of all staff come from outside the UK.
- The University has extensive links with many institutions worldwide, such as Peking University, National Taiwan University and the Harvard-Sussex programme.
- Students of all nationalities and cultures are welcomed on campus and the University has provision for several places of worship on-site.
- On-campus accommodation for international students is guaranteed for all full-time undergraduate or full-time, full-year research students registering for courses starting in the autumn.
- The campus environment creates a friendly community feel which helps international students to integrate into student life and make the most of their time with Sussex.
The University of Sussex consistently ranks highly in the league tables and regularly measures its student’s satisfaction. This student-focus is reflected in the excellent results that the University continues to achieve.
- In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17, Sussex is ranked 149th in the World.
- Sussex is placed 18th in the UK for student satisfaction in the Sunday Times University Guide 2017.
- In the National Student Survey 2016, our results included 89% for student satisfaction.
- In the QS World Rankings 2016-17, we have been ranked 187th in the world.
The University of Sussex believes that it offers students the right mix of academic teaching and practical application so that they are prepared to enter the workplace after graduation and make a positive contribution.
- The University has a Careers and Employability Centre which provides support for career planning, job research, applications and networking.
- The centre hosts careers events, skills workshops and fairs.
- The centre promotes over 3,000 temporary and part-time jobs each year.
- The University makes careers advice available to graduates online after they leave the institution.
- Being a busy student and tourist town, Brighton offers plenty of opportunities for students to find part-time work, both during the holiday period and term-time.
Variety of Courses
The University of Sussex offers degrees are flexibly designed so that students can explore subjects in ways that interest them. Students are able to combine courses from outside of their main discipline which assists them in gaining a broader perspective of their interests.
- The University is divided into 12 schools each of which provides a stimulating and supportive environment where students will be taught by staff at the forefront of their fields.
- Many programmes offer study-abroad opportunities, and 20% of first degree students spend a term/year abroad.
- Many of schools bring together related departments, capitalising on the connections between subjects to deliver new and exciting opportunities for students and faculty.
- Student representatives ensure there is a strong connection between student opinion and how each department is run.
- The University runs an International Foundation Year programme which guarantees progression onto an undergraduate course upon successful completion. This programme is grouped into six streams: business, management and economics; computing and mathematics; engineering and physics; law, international relations and social studies; life sciences and psychology; media and communications.
تجهيزات الحرم الجامعي
It is not just academic excellence that draws students to the University of Sussex. This Brighton-based university is entirely surrounded by the newly founded South Downs National Park which allows the University to lay claim to being "only English university located entirely within a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty".
Despite its idyllic location, the campus is not isolated. A 24 hour bus service runs throughout the week, connecting the campus to Brighton. Likewise, trains from the University station, Falmer, reach Brighton in just eight minutes.
This means that students have easy access to the iconic Brighton Pier and surrounding beaches as well as the vibrant local nightlife. Brighton was found to be the UK's 'healthiest' city, and cycling is central to the city's transport planning. Brighton was selected as a national Cycling Town from 2009-2011.
Overall, the city of Brighton is an exciting, young and lively place to live and study- the ideal student location!