The University of the West of England’s foundations are built on a history of partnerships and collaborations dating back to 1595. Since then, the University has continued this traditionand constantly strives to develop and transform itself in order to meet the demands of modern day students and higher education teaching. Currently, UWE is one of the largest Higher Education providers and fastest growing research institutions in the UK.
الحرم الجامعي الرئيسي:
Frenchay, Bower Ashton, Glenside, Hartpury & St Matthias, Gloucester
التجهيزات: Arts, Creative Industries and Education, Business and Law, Health and Life Sciences, Environment and Technology
Why Choose the University of the West of England, BristolThe University of the West of England’s foundations are built on a history of partnerships and collaborations dating back to 1595. Since then, the University has continued this traditionand constantly strives to develop and transform itself in order to meet the demands of modern day students and higher education teaching. Currently, UWE is one of the largest Higher Education providers and fastest growing research institutions in the UK.
The University of the West of England has consistently achieved high assessment results for teaching and many UWE staff are experienced professionals in their specific field.
- UWE is the largest Higher Education provider in the South West of England.
- The University has consistently achieved ‘excellent’ ratings in the teaching assessments conducted by the Quality Assurance Agency.
- Five lecturers at UWE have received prestigious awards from the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme for excellence in teaching over the past six years.
- The primary, secondary and further education initial teacher training (ITT) courses at UWE received the highest possible rating of ‘outstanding’ by the most recent Ofsted report.
- A survey in the Architects’ Journal rated the University as fourth best in the UK for Architecture.
- UWE Bristol achieved an impressive score of 84% for satisfaction with teaching in the most recent National Student Survey (NSS).
- Students further benefit from the Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) scheme, where additional study support is available from senior students on key modules, in addition to the extensive online study resources: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/studysupport.aspx
UWE is one of the fastest growing research institutions in the UK and performed exceptionally well in the most recent Research Assessment Exercise.
- The University of the West of England has been named top new University for successful research applications.
- Over a third (37%) of the research carried out by the University was rated as either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
- In biomedicine, art and design and cultural and media studies more than 60% of research was rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the 2008 RAE.
- Following its exceptional performance in the latest Research Assessment Exercise, the University increased its research funding allocation from the Government by 122%, demonstrating one of the biggest increases in the UK.
- The University has a number of research institutes and centres designed for undertaking multi-disciplinary and internationally excellent research.
The University of the West of England is committed to providing International students with the best possible experience of University life during their studies.
- UWE is a truly international community that is home to 2,636 students from over 140 countries worldwide.
- Over £100,000 worth of scholarships are awarded to international students each year.
- The University offers a free airport pick up service from London Heathrow and Bristol airport’s for international students.
- The University hosts an International Student Orientation event that provides international students with important information on university life, the Bristol community and is a fantastic way to meet other students.
- The University provides a programme of social activities, events and trips, aimed at further enhancing the international student experience.
- There are various English Language support options available for UWE students who require English support before or during their studies.
- The University has a team of specialist professional staff who are able to provide advice and guidance on a range of issues affecting international students, such as finance, immigration, welfare and disability support.
The University is dedicated to providing its students with a first-class experience and has made significant investments into its delivery of state-of-the-art facilities and services.
- UWE’s network of student representatives is one of the largest in the country, ensuring that all student enquiries and views are taken into account.
- The University is investing £300 million to improve the student experience; this includes the generation of a new campus, student village and Centre for Sport.
- The £80 million student village contributes to the community feel of the Frenchay Campus, with nearly 2,000 students living only minutes away from the library, lectures halls and sports centre.
- In the most recent National Student Survey (NSS) the University achieved an impressive overall student satisfaction score of 83%.
- In 18 out of the 40 subject groups featured in the National Student Survey UWE was rated in the top 12 for student satisfaction.
The University collaborates with employers to develop courses that are suitable for the world of work.
- The most recent NSS results indicate that 90% of UWE graduates are employed or undergoing further study six months after graduation.
- As a partnership university, UWE is interacting with 1,125 business and community organisations.
- Employers are closely involved in the development and delivery of several of the University’s courses, meaning that UWE students have a highly competitive edge in the job market.
- The University offers a wide range of work experience opportunities, including year-long placements, short projects and much more.
- UWE is exceptional among UK universities in that it offers specialist careers expertise and support for international students. As a result the university has performed well in the International student Barometer Survey, where it recently came joint third in the world for careers services to international students. Visit: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/careersandemployability/careers/internationalstudents/worldclasscareersservice.aspx
- The new and successful Graduate Internship scheme led to 700 paid 8-week placements within the first 18 months of the scheme for recent graduates, with a 75% conversion rate into permanent roles. More details see http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/business/recruitmentservices/recruitingstudents/graduateinternships.aspx
- The UWE annual “Meet the Employers Fair”, is the largest on-campus careers fair outside London. Visit: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/whatson/employersfairs/meettheemployersfairfilm.aspx
Variety of Courses
UWE Bristol offers a huge variety of courses and excellent facilities to enhance the learning experience.
- The University offers more than 600 courses for students to choose from, including full-time, part-time, and professionalcourses.
- UWE offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of art and design, engineering, business and law, sciences, education and health.
- UWE has excellent hands-on resources for students to use, including a mock courtroom and a Crime Scene House that is so realistic that it is used by the police for there training programmes.
- The University boasts unique facilities to compliment courses, such as a flight simulator, specialist labs, studios and industry-standard software and hardware.
- Students at UWE have access to lecture notes, teaching materials and online support 24 hours a day through the University’s virtual learning environment.
- The University has recently purchased an adjoining 70 acres of land for the development of new and exciting learning and teaching facilities for students.
- UWE delivers the prestigious MBA programme with its strong links to employers and international partnerships, accredited by the internationally recognised Association of MBA.
تجهيزات الحرم الجامعي
Frenchay Campus, the University's main campus, lies just four miles north of Bristol city centre. The campus includes the recently developed multi-million pound Student Village as well as a Centre for Sport, new cinema facilities, University Health Centre and a new Exhibition and Conference Centre. The Student Services Department, the Students Union and the main library are also based on this campus. The remaining Bristol campuses are also situated close to the city centre and are equipped with libraries and dining facilities. Whilst, the UWE, Gloucester campus, home to the department of Nursing and Midwifery, is based less than a mile from Gloucester city centre.
Bristol is the ideal place to live and study, with a rich history, vibrant culture and nearby countryside and coast. It is quickly emerging as a top UK retail destination, with its new and extensive Cabot Circus shopping centre and its great selection of independent shops, stores cafes and restaurants. In terms of music and nightlife, Bristol was named Britain’s most musical city in 2010 and offers something for everyone, such as live music venues, concert halls, pubs, bars and nightclubs. As one of the six cities shortlisted for European Capital of culture 2008, Bristol is a creative and diverse environment that is perfect for students. Bristol has been named the best English city to live in according to a survey of 5,000 people around England (2009) beating Brighton, Oxford and London.