Want to Study in Australia?
Get Scholarship worth AUD 50,000 for 10 deserving Nepalese students.
IDP Nepal recently announced its Academic Merit Scholarship program for the students from Nepal aspiring to study in Australia and further their careers. Amounting to a total of AUD 50,000, this scholarship will be awarded to 10 deserving Nepalese students with demonstrated academic excellence for postgraduate coursework in Australia upto Semester 2, 2019 intake.
Total value of the scholarship
Number of students
Amount of scholarship per student
Last date of application
April 30, 2019
Who can apply?
- Open to resident and citizen of Nepal
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree from an institution accepted by NOOSR in the area of Management/ Business/ IT/ Engineering
- Available for students applying for Post Graduate program in Australia upto Semester 2, 2019
- Applicant must have a valid Australian institute offer letter, applied through IDP Nepal
- Applicants must clear the GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) and financial requirements for Australian student visa
- Applicant must have applied for an Australian student visa through IDP Nepal (granted by June 30, 2019)
How to apply?
Simply walk into our IDP Kathmandu office and our team will assist you with the entire application process. Visit our office in Hattisar, Kathmandu to get started!
IDP’s deciding committee will select ten students on the basis of their marks and other requisites mentioned above. In case of a tie situation, a higher IELTS score will be considered. If there is a tie again, candidates would be selected on the basis of a personal interview with IDP Kathmandu.
How will the scholarship be awarded?
After a careful selection by the deciding committee, the ten shortlisted students will receive the scholarship amount of AUD 5,000 in the account of the nominated guardian in Nepal once the student’s 2nd Semester Fee due from the applied Australian Institute is submitted to IDP Nepal.
Scholarship closing date
If you are aiming for the scholarship, ensure that you submit your applications with IDP Nepal by April 30, 2019.
Applications that come in early avail a higher weightage for the award of the scholarship.
Read more about our selection criteria here
IMPORTANT: The right for final selection rests with IDP and will be purely based on merits of the application received.
Must Watch Videos - Study in Australia
Tips useful for International Students
Return on Investments - Part time work right & Placement Support - Australia
Tution fees & financial Aids in Australia
- Choosing the right course and university
- Scholarships, grants and bursaries
- Application submission and fee waivers
- Offer acceptance and tuition fee payment
- Visa information and assistance
- Pre-departure orientation
The IDP advantage
- Over 50 years of experience in student placement
- One student placed every 14 minutes across the globe
- More than 5,00,000 students placed globally
- Proud co-owner of IELTS.
- 50% owned by Australian universities
Why study overseas?
- Globally recognised degrees and quality education
- Diverse range of courses and degrees
- Attractive scholarship opportunities
- Multicultural and safe environment
- Professional and personal growth
- Abundant research opportunities