Academic Merit Scholarship Program
The Academic Merit Scholarship program by IDP amounts to a total of AUD 50,000 and is aimed at assisting students of Nepal to realise their dreams of studying internationally. These scholarships would be awarded to ten ambitious Nepalese students with demonstrated academic excellence for postgraduate coursework in Australia for semester commencing in February, 2019.
Value of the scholarship
The scholarship offers a total of AUD 50,000 to ten deserving students from Nepal. Each scholarship amounts to AUD 5,000 per student.
The shortlisted ten students will receive a scholarship letter mentioning that AUD 5,000 will be disbursed towards their tuition fees at their chosen university (second semester); or,
AUD 5,000 will be awarded via a scholarship draft/online transfer.
Who can apply?
- Open to residents and citizens of Nepal
- Available for students commencing a postgraduate program in February 2019
- Available for postgraduate study in the field of engineering, IT, business, and management
- Students must possess a valid offer letter from an Australian institution
- Students must have applied for an Australian student visa through IDP Kathmandu
The selection process is based on academic merit, IELTS score, offer letter and visa acceptance.
- Successful completion of bachelors from a recognised university in Nepal (Tribhuvan/ Pokhra/Kathmanadu, Purbanchal University)
- A minimum of 75% overall or CGPA of 3.5 in graduation
- Have an IELTS score of minimum 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
How to apply?
Please visit IDP Kathmandu office to start your application process.
We will select ten students with the highest marks and who hold eligible offers/visas through IDP. In case of a tie situation, a higher IELTS score will be considered. If there is a tie again, candidates would be selected on the basis of a personal interview with IDP Kathmandu.
Scholarship closing date
You can submit your applications any time between August 1, 2018 and 31st December, 2018.
Note: The right for final selection rests with IDP and will be purely based on merits of the application received.