All international students are welcome to register for their IELTS with IDP Auckland. Information on this page will help you understand the booking process, your obligations and how to reach customer service should you need assistance.
Before you make your booking, please keep in mind:
- To make your booking, you’ll need a valid, original passport. You’ll also need to bring this with you on both test days.
- When you make your booking, you will need to pay the test fee of $385(NZD).
- There are two types of IELTS tests: Academic and General Training. If you are unsure of which test to book, click here for more information.
- Writing, Reading and Listening components are delivered on a Thursday or Saturday mornings.
- Once you have made your booking, you will receive a confirmation email no later than five days before your test.
- There is a Speaking test appointment service available to test takers and the booking link will be provided in your confirmation email to select your preferred date and time. Speaking test appointments are available on weekdays before the Writing, Reading and Listening tests, or alternatively, it can be delivered on the same day, but limited spaces are available.
- You will be provided with a pencil and eraser to use for your answers on the test day. You are allowed to bring a clear bottle of water into the test room.
Students interested in IELTS New Zealand should also make themselves familiar with the following information:
- Our Speaking tests are conducted on a separate day (usually on a week day) prior to the Listening, Reading & Writing tests. You are required to attend both test days to receive a test report form.
- Location of our test venues
- We generally aim to secure a test venue within or near the city, which is easily accessible by public transport. Test-takers can expect to receive email confirmation outlining their test schedule and venue information at least 7 – 10 days prior to their registered test date. You will receive both an email and an SMS to confirm the time and location of your tests.
- Contact details
- Enquiry on Results application (EOR)
- Test-takers who wish to appeal against their test scores may do so within 6 weeks of their test date.
- To do so, download and complete the EOR application form and post that with your original test report form to IDP Education Services Limited, P.O Box 5397, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141.
- The cost of the EOR application is NZ$195.00, and is fully refundable if the appeal is successful.
- The entire EOR process can take up to two weeks from the day we process your application fee.
- Request for a test date transfer or refund
- All requests for a test date transfer or a refund must be submitted a minimum of five weeks prior to a test-taker’s registered test date.
- This is the standard IELTS test cancellation/transfer policy, although we might be inclined to review each request on a case by case basis to make an end decision.
- Test-takers can submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin your IELTS test booking, please select from the available test dates below.