IDP IELTS AUCKLAND
Your test, your choice
IDP Education has been delivering the IELTS test in Australasia since 2009 through our network of custom-built IDP IELTS test centres. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service to ensure our test takers have the best possible experience when taking their IELTS test with us.
Located strategically in the inner city, IDP IELTS Auckland is easily accessible by public transport. We have custom-built speaking rooms in a professional surrounding and offer test takers the opportunity to sit the Speaking test on a separate day.
We run paper-based IELTS and computer-delivered IELTS:
• Two sessions per month
• Selected tests will include headphones for the Listening Test
• Results in 13 days
• Free transfer to computer-delivered IELTS to one week before the test
• Speaking tests are conducted a day or two before the test
• Purpose-built speaking rooms
• Multiple sessions per week
• Results in 5 - 7 days
• Academic and General Training tests
• Same day Speaking tests
• Noise cancelling headphones for the Listening test
• Small groups
• Modern purpose-build lab and Speaking rooms
• Familiarise yourself with computer-delivered IELTS now with online practice tests.
Before you make your booking, please keep in mind:
• To make your booking, you’ll need a valid, original passport. You’ll also need to bring this with you on both test days.
• When you make your booking, you will need to pay the test fee of NZ$385.00.
• There are two types of IELTS tests: Academic and General Training. If you are unsure of which test to book, click here for more information.
Those interested in taking the test at IDP IELTS New Zealand should also make themselves familiar with the following information:
Location of our paper-based test venues
We generally aim to secure a test venue within or near the city, which is easily accessible by public transport. Test-takers can expect to receive email confirmation outlining their test schedule and venue information no later than five days prior to their registered test date. You will receive both an email and an SMS to confirm the time and location of your tests.
Location of our computer-delivered test venue:
IDP Education New Zealand
Level 1, 3 Lorne Street
Phone: 800 005 728
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/VG718ZHz73C2
Parking Information :
Victoria Street Car Park – 50 metres away
59-67 High Street, Auckland
Phone: 379 0103
Fee: $4 per hour
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/iLaYM7w3ehL2
Civic Car Park – 300 meters away
299 Queen Street, Entry from Greys Avenue and Mayoral Drive
Phone: 355 3553
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/zivvcMwYdrL2
All enquiries about IELTS should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our team will get back to you within two business days. You may also complete our online form at ielts.co.nz.
Enquiry on Results application (EOR)
• Test-takers who wish to appeal against their test scores may do so within 6 weeks of their test date.
• To do so, download and complete the EOR application form and submit with your original test report form to our office in person during regular office hours or post it to IDP Education Services Limited, P.O Box 5397, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141.
• The cost of the EOR application is NZ$195.00 and is fully refundable if the appeal is successful.
• The entire EOR process can take up to two weeks from the day we process your application fee.
Request for a test date transfer or refund
• All requests for a test date transfer or a refund must be submitted a minimum of five weeks prior to a test-taker’s registered test date.
• This is the standard IELTS test cancellation/transfer policy, although we might be inclined to review each request on a case by case basis to make an end decision.
• Test-takers can submit a request via email to email@example.com.
IELTS for the UK
If you make a visa application to stay or move to the UK, you need to be aware of changes made by the United Kingdom Visas & Immigration (UKVI). Great news for those hoping to live, work and study in the UK - an IELTS for UKVI result can be used to prove your English proficiency.
In addition to the IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic tests, which you may already know of, a new test called IELTS Life Skills has been introduced for people who need to prove their speaking and listening skills at level A1 or B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
IELTS Life Skills
IELTS Life Skills is available at two levels:
• IELTS Life Skills – A1 Speaking and Listening. This test is for UK visas and immigration for a “family of a settled person”.
• IELTS Life Skills – B1 Speaking and Listening. This test is for UK visas and immigration for “indefinite leave to remain or citizenship” visa.
The focus of IELTS Life Skills
• At each level, the test is designed to assess whether you can listen and respond, make your meaning clear, and talk with other people.
Face-to-face Speaking and Listening tests
• You will take the test with an examiner, and with one other test taker. You will be expected to take part in short discussions on everyday subjects.
Understand more about the UKVI tests here or connect to book your IELTS UKVI test in Auckland today
To begin your IELTS test booking, please select from the available test dates below.