In world top 100 for six subjects
The University of Bath has been named in the 2020 QS World University Rankings by Subject as one of the top universities in the world across 23 subject areas. Bath stands out for sports-related subjects, where it is ranked 11th overall. It placed at 46th for social policy and administration, and in the top 100 for architecture and the built environment, education, business and management, and statistics and operational research. When compared to other UK universities in the rankings, Bath places within the top ten for the following six subjects:
- Architecture and the built environment
- Chemical engineering
- Business and management studies
- Social policy and administration
- Sports-related subjects.
Bath performs exceptionally well across UK university rankings. This includes:
- Guardian University Guide 2020 – 6th overall, with 11 subjects in the top ten
- Complete University Guide 2020 – 9th overall, and 5th for graduate prospects
- Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 – 11thoverall, and 5th for graduate prospects
- Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2019 – 9th for job prospects and 16th for clubs and societies.
Equally, the university shines among global institutions:
- QS World University Rankings 2020 – 172nd overall
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 – 251–300 overall