Frequently Asked Questions
The questions below are the most common we get from IELTS test takers.
1. When is the next test available?
2. Where is the IELTS conducted?
Tests are conducted regularly in Manila, Cebu, Davao, Baguio, Iloilo and Cagayan de Oro and occasionally in Bacolod, Naga, Tagaytay, Laguna, Lipa, Dipolog, Cabanatuan and Pampanga. Currently, tests are held in large hotels or in institutions with large testing areas.
Registered test takers will be advised of their test locations as soon as possible. Test location details may not be finalized until one week before the test date.
3. What should I bring to the test?
Test takers need to bring the valid photo ID used when registering for the test and 3 Mongol # 2 pencils. Pens and erasers will be provided on the day of the test. For Computer-delivered IELTS test takers, only the valid ID is needed.
4. What should I not do at the test?
Please do not bring cell phones, handbags and any form of electronic equipment to the test. These would include recording and scanning devices and any photographic apparatus. IDP takes no responsibility for the safety of any items that are brought to the test venue and must be left outside the testing room during the test.
Test takers who attempt to remove test materials, or who are caught using or attempting to use any device to record, copy or in any way duplicate test materials from the test venue will have their test cancelled and test fee forfeited. The matter will be reported to the proper authorities.
1. Test schedules in some locations are subject to change, depending on the availability of the venue and the number of registrants.
2. The Listening, Reading, and Writing sections of the IELTS are administered in the morning (9:00 am - 12:00 nn) of the test date.
3. Speaking tests may be scheduled on a different day from the Listening, Reading and Writing sections of the test. It may be conducted in between a week before up until the afternoon of the test date.
4. If you have not been notified of your test location and Speaking test schedule one week before the test date, please call the IDP office.
Need more information? Select an IELTS test type below to view more FAQs.