Make sure you know what to do before leaving! We’ve made a list of what to pack, and what not to bring when you leave to study in your new country.
Get organised before you leave:
- Load copies of documents, photos, music to cloud storage.
- Save important contact details and information in a Google document.
- Know your flight: weight restrictions, entertainment, and food.
- Arrange airport pick-up for when your flight arrives.
- Download a mobile app that you can use to contact your family and friends with access to wi-fi.
- Add something to make your luggage identifiable.
- Bring hand luggage that can be used for day trips and daily use.
What to pack in checked luggage
What not to bring
- A photocopy of your passport.
- Toiletries like contact lenses and solution, feminine products, razors, and shaving products.
- Power strip/plug board – allows you to plug in multiple devices with just one adaptor.
- Any books/materials you want to bring for your studies.
- Appropriate clothes for the seasons in Australia.
- Spices or plant products. Most Asian spices can easily be bought in Australia at Asian supermarkets.
- Large amounts of cash (over AUD20,000)
- Pirated goods (movies, etc.)
- Anything that could be considered a weapon.
Let’s get started
Sign up or login in with one click
View your shortlist or close this box to continue researching