SUNY New Paltz is a proud supporter of the #YouAreWelcomeHere campaign, and is excited to be able to offer two undergraduate international students a 50% renewable tuition scholarship (saving up to $8,325 USD per year) starting Fall 2019.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes gifted international students that have a passion for enhancing their understanding of different cultures.
To be considered for this award, students must:
- Be an applicant for a first-year undergraduate program at SUNY New Paltz.
- Have graduated at a secondary school outside of the U.S.
- Have a proven interest in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadline of SUNY New Paltz.
- Demonstrate financial resources for the fees that are not covered by the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, students must follow these steps:
- Apply online to a SUNY New Paltz undergraduate program via the CommonApp before February 1st, 2019.
- Submit the following admissions documents with the application: Application fee, a personal statement, a letter of recommendation, official transcripts. Recommended but not required: SAT, TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.5.
- Complete the one-page scholarship application form and email it by February 1st 2019.
- Send in a 2-5 minute video or a 500 - 1,000 word essay to international admissions team by February 1, 2019, which outlines their aspirations to conduct projects, employment, research or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
- If awarded, students must confirm their enrollment at SUNY New Paltz by April 1, 2019 by paying the $250 pre-enrollment deposit to the SUNY New Paltz admission office.
For more information and to find the scholarship application form, visit the website or get in contact with a university representative by clicking the green ‘contact institution’ button on this page.