Study Information Technology (IT) in the UK
A degree in Information Technology (IT) is a great step to a career in the IT field, and studying IT in the UK will bring you right to the forefront of the leading edge of the technology industry there. Students also learn to programme, developing programs and software, and multimedia in a highly rigorous academic setting that is complemented with real-life practical internship experiences.
IT-based careers include network management, software development, systems design engineering, web application development and more. With universities and professional bodies holding strong national and international links with industry players, graduates can look forward to getting a foot into companies such as KPMG and IBM.
Why study IT in the UK?
- Internationally renowned universities: The UK stands as one of the top three study destinations of the world and is home to many leading universities such as the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, and the University of Edinburgh.
- Quality of education: UK programs are internationally recognised, and known for the quality of teaching and research. Students are taught by experts in the field in high-tech labs and have access to specialist equipment.
- Work and study: IT programs in the UK include an internship component for students to gain invaluable insight and connections into the industry. Students are also allowed to work on a student visa, with more flexibility given to students from the EU.
- Scholarships: Numerous scholarship programs are available for international students from individual universities and students from Commonwealth countries.
- Diversity: With a class full of students belonging to different parts of the world, understanding the IT sectors of different countries helps students gain more insights through discussions and debates.
Admission requirements for UK universities
While requirements may differ across universities, typical key requirements for taking an MA include:
For Undergraduate courses
- successful completion of higher secondary school
- School mark sheets and other documents as mentioned by the institution on its website/brochure
- A good IELTS score
For Post Graduate Diploma / Master’s courses
- A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognised institution equivalent to an undergraduate degree offered by the universities of UK
- certificate in the field of computer science
- Work experience (as needed by some institutions)
- A good IELTS score
Finding what fits you best can be overwhelming. IDP international education specialists guide you through your options and the necessary application processes for universities and visas. Speak to us now for free.
Register nowRead more articles