The Student Centre is the vision of Trent University students past and present. Trent’s Student Centre enhances the outstanding student experience that Trent is known for, offering new places and opportunities for students to socialize, learn, study, and engage in life on campus.
The Student Centre offers a wide variety of formal and informal study spaces:
- First floor: café with open student spaces, with a collection of round table-seating and lounge furniture for studying and meeting friends. There are also classroom spaces and student meeting spaces.
- Second floor: active learning rooms, study spaces, and student clubs and groups, with the glass wall overlooking the fantastic Otonabee River.
- Third floor: additional study and meeting space.
View more details of this new facility…
Library of the Future
Trent University’s iconic Bata Library is undergoing revitalization and transformation.
Fueled by a recent CAD 8.1 million funding injection from the federal and provincial governments, as well as University contributions, including donor gifts, the Bata Library will undergo a CAD18 million transformation into a library of the future – and home to the new Bata Research and Innovation Cluster.
Features to look for in Trent’s new library of the future, opening September 2018, include:
- An entrepreneurship and social innovation Centre
- Three research centers
- Two visualization labs
- Critical Making Studio
- Educational design research
- A presentation practice room
- A wide selection of interactive student spaces