New developments are constantly underway at the university, in keeping with its role as a vibrant centre of learning. Some of the latest developments include:
- The university has recently invested GBP 8 million into its new Vinson Building, which houses a first for the U.K. in the form of the Centre for Economics and Entrepreneurship. Ideal for economics and business students, the Vinson Building contains a library, bookshop, study spaces and the university’s newest and largest lecture theatre.
- An international deal, a first for any U.K. university, has recently been signed for the opening of a new health and science campus located in Crewe, Cheshire. Opening soon, the new health campus will offer one-year Medical foundation and pre-medical courses for students who want to study at medical or dental institutions.
- A new Institute for Ethical AI in Education has recently been launched at the Hunter Street Campus. The institute aims to help prevent new technology from negatively impacting young people.
- The university has launched the first ever Online Bachelor of Science in Operational Excellence for undergraduates. Taught online, the course is split over four e-learning modules, and students study it part-time over a three-year period.
- All staff at the university, from lecturers to support staff, are well placed to assist students having recently received mental health and first aid training.
Home of the Two-Year Degree
A first for any University in the U.K., the university offers full honours two-year degrees accessible to undergraduate students around the world.
The university’s academic year is structured with an additional teaching term in the summer, facilitating the incorporation of the equivalent teaching weeks into the two-year degree that are found in a three-year honours programme.
A selection of undergraduate degrees can also be studied over three years. The university offers a January start in addition to September, giving you flexibility.