- Study in Australia
- Study in Australia overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the USA
- Study in the UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book a Test
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Test Result
- IELTS Online Test Registration
- Get my results
- IELTS FAQs
- IELTS is Hiring
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the USA
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
The IELTS test is a popular as well as the most comprehensive test to gain entry into universities and colleges in English-speaking nations such as Australia, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Ireland, or want to work or migrate to English-speaking countries. Each year, about two million candidates appear for the test.
How to Prepare for IELTS?
The IELTS exam measures a candidate’s English reading, writing, listening and speaking abilities and their ability to communicate in different environments in an English-speaking nation. Before you begin your IELTS preparation, it is essential to understand the format of the exam. This will help you streamline your preparation and also ensure you do not get a surprise on the test day.
Understanding the Format for IELTS Test
- Check and understand the IELTS test format thoroughly;
- Become aware of the content of each section of the test, namely listening, reading, writing and speaking;
- Practice sample questions in advance.
Once you understand the test format, you will be able to concentrate on IELTS exam preparation by studying for each section in a more focused manner.
IELTS Test Preparation
IDP Education helps you in your IELTS preparation by offering a free preparation pack. The pack contains the following:
- Tips Approved by IELTS Examiners: You can benefit tremendously from practical advice from IELTS examiners on how to prepare for the exam.
- Checklist for Preparation: You can streamline the preparation process by using a checklist that helps you stay focused.
- Test Day Details: The IELTS exam preparation pack contains a guide that clears any doubt related to the test day.
You can also use the following tips to prepare for IELTS:
- Register with IDP Education to prepare for IELTS
- Take practice tests to discover your areas of strength and weakness
- Use IDP Education-recommended IELTS preparation books to study for the test
- Make use of the free resources provided by IDP Education
- Buy self-study books and materials
- Take the IDP Education IELTS Master Class
Enrol for IELTS Masterclass
Check IDP website for an upcoming IELTS Masterclass. It offers guidance on how to avoid some of the common mistakes that drag down your IELTS score.
Check out the IELTS test location closest to you to book your IELTS test date.