New Zealand is world’s second most peaceful country in the world. With almost no security threats and concerns, the country offers amazing education facilities too. The Sri Lankan students, seeking opportunity for studying in New Zealand, should first clear the IELTS Exam. To tame your curiosity, related to New Zealand safety, we’ve detailed as under:
College and University Campuses
The campuses are highly secure for students. All the colleges and universities employ a large number of security guards to ensure your safety in New Zealand. Some institutes have their police team for protecting high security to the international students.
- Wi-Fi facilities on campuses let the students communicate the safety issues easily.
- College management keeps track of the name, address and contact number details of foreign students especially.
- The faculties are committed to resolving the problem if any student is facing it.
- The campuses are laced with so many high-quality cameras. For tracking unfair activities.
- No Ragging issues.
Surroundings and Localities
- The hostels and outside homes, both options are safe to stay in New Zealand while you study international curriculum. The hostels generally have a dedicated security force and security cameras to ensure your safety.
- New Zealand’s citizens are known for their friendliness and helpful nature. If you are departing from Sri Lanka and thinking that New Zealand will be able to provide facilities as good as Student safety in Sri Lanka or not, there is nothing to worry. It is a safe option for immigrants to settle here.
Safety in Workplace and Offices
Offering great business opportunities, New Zealand nowhere lacks in securing the foreign nationals. The country has lower crime rate which attracts many professionals to start their own business or work in companies, located in New Zealand. So whether you have decided to study overseas or work abroad, always consider keeping New Zealand in your destination list as a priority.
You need no vaccination to visit or live in New Zealand due to low disease rate and excellent environment. It is required to take national health insurance, namely - Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC), which helps the people prevent financial crisis if they meet accidents or face serious health issues.
Location of New Zealand and Outdoor Safety
This peaceful island country is situated in south-western Pacific Ocean region. Due to its amazing build and beautiful terrains, the students or professional may plan quick outings. High volcanoes, snow-capped mountains, captivating lakes, alluring beaches and many other places could be visited. In these cases, make sure to follow the safety rules and keep all the essential information and belongings to help you in an emergency.
To ensure your safety in New Zealand, follow these rules:
- Always keep the phone and SMS helpline numbers with you.
- Do not go too deep in the bushy areas as you may forget the path of returning back. Cell phone signals are weak in such areas.
- Avoid trying dangerous stunts while enjoying adventurous sports or visiting a natural landscape.