- Study in Australia
- Study in Australia overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the USA
- Study in the UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book a Test
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Test Result
- IELTS Online Test Registration
- Get my results
- IELTS FAQs
- IELTS is Hiring
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the USA
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
New Zealand is world’s second most peaceful country in the world. With almost no security threats and concerns, the country offers impressive education facilities too. To tame your curiosity related to New Zealand safety, we’ve enumerated the significant details:
College and University Campuses
- The campuses are highly secure for students. All the colleges and universities employ a large number of security guards to ensure your safety in New Zealand. Some institutes have their police teams for providing security to the international students;
- The campuses are laced with high-quality CCTV cameras for tracking unfair activities;
- Wi-Fi facilities on campuses help students communicate easily;
- College management keeps track of the name, address and contact number of international students;
- No Ragging issues.
Surroundings and Localities
- The hostels and outside homes: Both the options are safe to stay in New Zealand. The hostels have a dedicated security force and security cameras to ensure your safety.
- New Zealand’s citizens are known for their friendliness and helpful nature. New Zealand is a safe option for international students to settle.
Safety in Workplace and Offices
Offering significant business opportunities, New Zealand nowhere lacks in making foreign nationals feel safe. The country has low crime rates which attract many professionals to start their businesses or work in companies located in New Zealand. So whether you have decided to study overseas or work abroad, always consider keeping New Zealand in your destination list as a priority.
You need no vaccination to visit or live in New Zealand due to low disease rate and excellent environment. It is required to take national health insurance, namely - Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC), which helps people better manage unforeseen financial crisis.
Location of New Zealand and Outdoor Safety
This peaceful island country is situated in south-western Pacific Ocean region. Due to its serene and beautiful terrains, the students or professional may plan quick outings. High volcanoes, snow-capped mountains, captivating lakes, alluring beaches and many other places could be visited. In these cases, make sure to follow the safety rules and keep all the essential information and belongings to help you in the emergency.
To ensure your safety in New Zealand, follow these rules:
- Always keep the phone and SMS helpline numbers with you.
- Do not go thick deep in the bushy areas as you may forget the path of returning. Cell phone signals are weak in such areas.
- Avoid trying dangerous stunts while enjoying adventurous sports or visiting a natural landscape.
Feel free to contact IDP Education to know more about safety protocols in New Zealand.