- Study in Australia
- Study in Australia overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the USA
- Study in the UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book a Test
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Test Result
- IELTS Online Test Registration
- Get my results
- IELTS FAQs
- IELTS is Hiring
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the USA
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
It is quite natural for a student who is leaving home and moving to an entirely different region to be worried about their safety. There is a huge cultural difference between Sri Lanka and the USA. But, colleges and universities in the USA give utmost priority and emphasis to ensure the safety and security of all the students. The USA is the place where students from all corners of the world gather, so the government gives student safety the apex importance.
Here are some reasons why you should not worry about the safety in the USA:
Student Safety in Colleges and Universities:
- Colleges and universities have to give safety reports to the government; hence every campus is fully-secured;
- Every campus has a Campus Escort Service where you can ask for help at any point in time;
- Many universities have their own police or security force to protect students from outside nuisance;
- Every campus is strictly against ragging activities. They have special laws designed for such activities as well.
- Most of the campuses are secured with high-quality cameras;
- Special protection is provided for hostel students.
Safety at Workplaces in the USA:
- There are various laws for workplace harassment and every organization follows them without a miss.
- Coworkers in the USA have the attitude of helping each other out, so you will get plenty of help in case if you’re in any kind of emergency.
You need to get accustomed with the laws and rules of the country and university respectively before you move to the States for your education or work. IDP counsellors will inform you about all such details at your pre-departure session.