The USA is one of the finest countries in the world to build your career. Although the process of applying for a visa might seem a bit difficult to Sri Lankan students, but with the right guidance of IDP Education Counsellors, you don’t have to worry about the process. Here’s a glimpse of visa requirement in USA and the related process:
- Choose Universities and start applying
- Clear English Proficiency Test ( such as IELTS)
- Make an Application Portfolio
- Apply for a Visa Interview
Here is the entire process for you to understand how to get the visa for the USA:
- Choose Universities and Apply:
The first step is to make a list of your favorite colleges and universities where you want to pursue your further studies. According to your academic performance and interests, IDP Education Counsellors will give you multiple options for applying. The next step is to apply to the universities. We will help you in that process as well.
- Clear English Proficiency Test:
To get admission into the colleges and university of the US, having a decent score in English Proficiency Test is mandatory. IELTS is accepted universally by universities (although it’s best to check with your counsellor and university first). You’ll need to show your English proficiency Scorecard before Visa approval.
- Make an Application Portfolio:
You need following documents for the visa interview process:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Updated Resume
- Academic Transcripts
- University Scores
IDP Education Counsellors are experienced in helping you create a robust portfolio that is expected from an ideal student in the interview. So, you will get step by step guidance on how to complete each of these tasks.
- Apply for a Visa Interview:
There are several factors in the process of applying for the USA visa. IDP Education assists you with each step to make sure you perform well in the interview.
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the USA visa requirement and process:
How to obtain Visa to study in the USA?
The student visa to study in the USA is called F1 Visa. To get F1 Visa, the student must have acceptance from an established school (University/College). In a nutshell, you must have an admission letter from an established educational organization to apply for the F1 Visa to study in the USA. After clearing an interview for the F1 visa, you are eligible to get the student visa for the USA. Here are some of the essential things to keep in mind about the F1 Interview.
What to do before the Visa Interview?
- Complete the Form DS-160 before the interview
- Make the payment
- Keep the I-120 form issued by the USA University or College
- Make a payment of I-901 fee through U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official website
- Make an appointment for the USA Student Visa interview through VFS website.
What to carry for the Visa Interview?
- A valid passport
- Recent passport-sized photographs with white background
- DS-160 confirmed page with the barcode
- Visa application fee receipts from the authorised bank
- VFS appointment letter for the interview
- SEVIS receipt and I-120
IDP Education will be a great helping hand for you throughout the process. Contact IDP Education for more details.