- IDP 國際教育中心《全球最大留遊學集團》輔導全球超過40萬名學生逐夢
Avondale College is one of the largest and biggest secondary colleges in New Zealand. It has 2,700 students with 100 international students. The College has 14 hectares of well-cared-for and park-like grounds incorporating courtyards, gardens, grassed areas and seven sports fields, including the first water-based artificial multi-sport surface in Auckland city with associated pavilion.
學院及學系: Courses: Accounting, Biology, Business studies, Chemistry, Classical studies, Design, Economics, English/French/Japanese/Latin/Maori/Samoan/Spanish, Geography, Graphics, History, Maths, Music, Physics, Visual Art, Physical Education, Fashion, Food Technology
Avondale College will provide an education which enables all students to achieve personal standards of excellence in academic work as well as in the supporting areas of physical, cultural and social development. It teaches from years 9 to 13. The College offers both NCEA and Cambridge pathways and focuses on academic success.
- Excellent academic results - most students pathway to university
- High-tech facilities on a14 hectare site - Technology Centre and 1200+ computers
- Large choice of subjects in both NCEA and Cambridge (CIE) exams
- Performing Arts Academy – Dance, Jazz, Classical, Drama, 8 Music & Drama productions each year
- Sports Academy - 38 sports to choose from, two gymnasiums
- Taurewa Camp outdoor education experience for each student
- Homestay with a caring family
- International Student Centre providing strong student support
- Individualized programs and activity programs, plus holiday trips
- 20+ years’ experience in international student programs
- Short term and semester exchange programs available
- Students' online visa system
Avondale College’s 'sister' relationship with Daito Bunka High School in Tokyo, Japan is a valued partnership which provides enriching experiences for many of their students. Thirty over students get to travel to Japan every second year. In the same way ,Daito Bunka High School visits Avondale every other year with approximately 40 students.
Facilities include the Art suite, a high-tech library and information centre with internet access, a swimming pool, an open-air theatre seating four hundred, television and video suites, and outstanding information technology facilities, 900 computers and a recently built state-of-the-art Technology building. A student centre has a uniform and stationery shop and canteen. Classrooms and specialist rooms are well equipped and all specialist areas make use of computers and other technologies. The College recently opened a new Physics and Mathematics building and as well as new Science, Health and PE, Dance and Social Science buildings.
In the last few years, Avondale has achieved top academic results, including outstanding Scholarship and Cambridge results. Students are prepared for future opportunities in the tertiary education sector and in all vocational areas including commerce, trade and the professions. Students are expected to participate in all areas of school life, and to represent the College in sporting teams and cultural activities.