British Chevening Scholarships for International Students
Deadline: To be confirmed
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2019
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject at any UK university
Number of Awards:
Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement
University of Lincoln
- Undergrad: £2,000 : http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studyatlincoln/scholarships/globalundergraduatescholarships/
automatically be considered
- Postgrad: £5,000 unlimited Thai Scholarship for PGT programmes : http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studyatlincoln/scholarships/thaischolarship/
- Round 1: Friday 20 April
- Round 2: Friday 25 May
- Round 3: Friday 22 June
for a full time postgraduate taught or masters by research programme
For deadline to apply there are 4 rounds as follows
For courses commencing in September 2018:
- Postgrad: £2,000 : http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studyatlincoln/scholarships/globalpostgraduatemeritscholarships/
automatically be considered
University of Exeter
- Postgrad: Up to £5,000 : http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/mastersfunding/global-excellence/
University of Surrey
- International Scholarship for Excellence £2,500 - £5,000 for Sep 2018
- Eligible PG taught courses within: Surrey Business School, School of Economics, the School of Law and the School of Hospitality and Tourism
- Surrey International Scholarships for Engineering and Physical Sciences include all of the full-time PG programmes within the following departments:
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Environment & Sustainability
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences
Both scholarships have same eligibility – please see attached the flyers for your reference.