PhD in Australia
A doctorate of philosophy (PhD) involves choosing a specialisation and research on a subject that leads to new knowledge or re-interpretation of existing theories or approaches. Those who complete the course will develop a thorough understanding of the chosen field and its relevant methodologies, as well as the ability to evaluate existing norms critically and presenting them in a concise and clear way. While requirements for PhD programs vary between universities, students are usually required to hold a Master's degree with high academic standing to be considered.
Why get your PhD in Australia?
In addition to a strong reputation of excellence and quality across its higher education and training programs, Australia is known for the quality of life in its cities, with Melbourne ranked third-best to study and Sydney ninth. With world recognised university reputation and highly advanced laboratories, Australia has one of the highest PhD completion rates, as well as a number of scholarship options for international students.
Admission requirements for Australian universities
While requirements may differ across universities, typical key requirements for taking a PhD include:
- Bachelor’s Degree & Master’s Degree – To apply for a PhD program in an Australian university, a student needs to have completed a 3-4 year minimum graduation degree, along with a 2 years master program.
- IELTS Exam or TOEFL – These qualifications certify your English language proficiency if English is not your native language.
- Letter of Reference – Reference letters can be from college lecturers, academic professors, or work employers, depending on the university
- Research Proposal – Your proposal should be feasible, and have a synopsis with enough information for evaluation.
Finding what fits you best can be overwhelming. IDP international education specialists guide you through your options and the necessary application processes for universities and visas. Speak to us now for free.
- 14-day Self-Quarantine
- Study in Australia
- Why Study in Australia
- Education System
- Employment While You Study
- Guide to Study in Australia
- Living Expeneses in Australia
- Living in Australia
Study in Different Cities in Australia
- Study in Adelaide
- Study in Brisbane
- Study in Canberra
- Study in Hobart
- Study in Melbourne
- Study in Perth
- Study in Sydney
Australia Higher Education
- Bachelor Degree
- Masters of Business Administration
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Study Engineering in Australia
- Study Information Technology in Australia