"In many cases an internship is the one thing that will set you apart from your peers" Donna Miller, Graduate Recruitment Manager.
Employers increasingly want to see relevant industry experience in the graduates they hire. According to an annual survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), a staggering 95 percent of employers said experience is a major factor in hiring decisions. At CQUniversity, we are committed to ensuring our graduates are work ready by equipping them with real-world skills and up to date industry knowledge. To strengthen that commitment, we are introducing internships from Term 1, 2015 to the following programs for international students:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Systems
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Management for Engineers
- Master of Marketing
- Working in an organisation in your area of study allows you to build networks in that field that may open doors for you in the future
- An internship will give you a competitive edge in the global job market and increase your chances of full-time employment once you graduate
- You will enhance and develop skills in teamwork, decision-making and communication while having the chance to put your academic knowledge into practice.
- You will gain an understanding of Australian work practices and culture
- The internship will give added value to your degree program but at no extra cost
- The internship is offered over a 10 week period. You will not be required to undertake any other courses during this period, which means you will be able to concentrate on your internship and get the most from the experience.
- The duration of your degree is not extended, which means you can still complete your bachelor degree in three years and your masters degree in two years.
- The internship is found for you by CQUniversity and our partner, Australian Internships – a market leader in career development programs for international candidates
- As an elective you undertake the Effective Business Communications course which ensures you have the knowledge to succeed in an Australian working environment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The following is a step by step guide on how you will undertake an internship:
- Select the internship course and the preparatory Effective Business Communications course at the same time you select all your other courses. The Effective Business Communications course must be undertaken prior to starting your internship.
- Choose your preferred industry by completing an application form at the time of studying the Effective Business Communications course.
- Participate in an interview with our partner, Australian Internships, to clarify your goals so we can find you an organisation that will best fit your needs.
- CQUniversity and Australian Internships, will search for companies in your preferred industry from a network of over 3,000 organisations.
- We contact an appropriate company, negotiate on your behalf and set up an interview.
- We coach you and host mock interviews to get your interview skills on point.
- You must then complete an interview with the selected organisation to be successfully placed. Don't worry, if you don't get it right the first time you are given two more chances to secure a position.
- Your placement begins.
- You will be assigned a dedicated Internship Program Supervisor (IPS) who will monitor your training and provide one on one guidance and support throughout the program.
The following is an example course schedule when an internship is selected as part of the Master of Marketing:
Term 1 – 2015: Four courses (2 core and 2 foundation)
Term 2 – 2015: Four courses (2 core and 2 electives)
Term 3 – 2015: Two courses (1 core and Effective Business Communications)
Term 1 – 2016: Four courses (2 core and 2 foundation)
Term 2 – 2016: Two courses (Internship and 1 core*)
*Taught over a period of two weeks after the 10 week internship
In most cases students must study in Term 3 and study a full-time load in Term 1 and Term 2. Postgraduate programs require a minimum of five terms of study. Undergraduate programs require a minimum of seven terms of study.
Correct social media links