A world class campus lifestyle
Studying at ICTE-UQ on the UQ St Lucia campus allows our students to experience a world-class campus lifestyle. UQ St Lucia combines the tradition of an established university with the vitality of a large modern university campus.
UQ St Lucia is only 7km from Brisbane’s city centre and is a great place to meet new people and enjoy sporting and social activities in a welcoming and diverse environment. More than 45,500 students including close to 11,300 international students choose to study at UQ and to experience:
- Beautiful campus grounds with places to shop, eat and drink, study and relax
- Over 150 social clubs, including 33 sports clubs to join
- Sporting facilities including gym, swimming pool, tennis centre and playing fields
- Some of Australia’s best equipped university campus library and computing facilities
A multicultural learning environment
Meet and make friends with students from around the world at ICTE-UQ and on campus.
As an ICTE-UQ student you will have exceptional opportunities to meet people from around the world.
Each year more than 2,000 students from over 35 countries choose to learn English at ICTE-UQ and you will study in classes with students from Africa, Asia, Europe, the Pacific and the Middle East and also enjoy exciting social, sporting and cultural activities.
A unique teaching & learning experience
Quality teaching and learning are central to the ICTE-UQ student experience. ICTE-UQ courses are not limited to a text book approach. The Institute invests heavily in sourcing real world and academic course content and creating original teaching materials that stimulate and motivate our students.
Our teachers use cutting edge digital teaching and learning technology such as electronic whiteboards, document cameras, multimedia and web based technology to create an innovative, interactive and engaging classroom experience.
Exceptional student support services
ICTE-UQ offers students comprehensive support services including homestay accommodation, airport reception, academic and personal counselling and an exciting calendar of cultural, tourist and sporting events.
ICTE-UQ also offers students exceptional learning support facilities including self-access multimedia and computing labs, wireless internet and student break-out zones, specialist TESOL Learning Centre and significant borrowing rights and computer access at UQ St Lucia libraries.
ICTE-UQ students enjoy state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities including:
- Class and seminar rooms equipped with the latest teaching and learning technology
- Modern internet and computing facilities including wireless internet access
- A dedicated Learning Centre with spacious study areas and multimedia laboratories
Live in sub-tropical Brisbane and enjoy 300 days of sunshine a year.
Brisbane is the state capital of Queensland and has a population of 2.1 million people.
Many people choose to live and study in Brisbane because it offers:
- a friendly, modern, clean and safe city lifestyle
- a wealth of natural, tourist, sporting and cultural attractions
- easy to use, reliable public transport including bus, train and ferry systems
- a multicultural society, diverse cuisine, customs, museums, art galleries, markets, clubs, bars and live entertainment
Brisbane is also the gateway to the famous Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Summer (December - February)
Autumn (March - May)
Winter (June - August)
Spring (September - November)
You will be tested on the first day of your program and, based on your English language skills and interests, placed in one of the following courses:
- General English (7 levels: Pre-elementary - Advanced)
- English for Academic Purposes (Higher intermediate/Advanced)
- English for International Business Communication (Higher intermediate/Advanced)
ICTE-UQ offers high quality full-time English courses in small class sizes of 12-18. Enrolment is available from 5-45 weeks.
ICTE-UQ offers students from Thailand a special price of $325 per week (usually $400 per week).
For more information please visit www.icte.uq.edu.au.