A top 50 world university
UNSW Australia (The University of New South Wales) is one of Australia’s leading universities with a strong international reputation. It is globally recognised for its innovative teaching methods, strong links to employers and industry, and state-of-the-art campus facilities. Located in the vibrant city of Sydney – Australia’s largest city – UNSW’s main Kensington campus and UNSW Art & Design campus are both within easy reach of the city centre and world famous Bondi Beach and Coogee Beach.
Why 53,000 students choose to study at UNSW Australia:
- Ranked 48th in the world and 21st for employer reputation (QS World University Rankings 2014).
- The first university in the world to be awarded a QS Five Star Plus rating (QS Intelligence Unit 2014).
- Educated more CEOs of Australia’s top 50 companies than any other Australian University (Suncorp Banks Power Index 2012).
- UNSW graduates earn the highest median starting salaries of any university in the State (Australian Graduate Survey 2012).
- 53,000 students currently studying across three campuses in Sydney and Canberra, including over 12,000 international students from more than 120 countries.
- UNSW’s Engineering Faculty consistently ranks as the best faculty in the country for engineering education and is the largest of its kind in Australia (Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities in Engineering 2013)
UNSW offers over 900 programs across nine world-class faculties, with areas of study in business; science; architecture and built environment; engineering; medicine; law; arts and social sciences; fine arts, design and digital media. Students can choose from an extensive range of education levels, from undergraduate degree to postgraduate and research.
UNSW is an acknowledged world leader in photovoltaics, HIV/AIDS research, solar energy, interactive cinema and quantum computing. It was one of only four Australian universities to receive an average rating of “above world standard” in the Excellence in Research for Australia Report 2012.
With strong links to industry and top-tier employers, UNSW is also renowned for being a member of prestigious networks and partnerships.
- UNSW is a founding member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) – a coalition of Australia’s leading teaching and research-intensive universities
- UNSW gained membership to the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) and Universitas 21 network
- UNSW is the only Australia university invited to join GlobalTech, the Global Alliance of Technological Universities.
Students have access to over 200 clubs and societies through UNSW’s student organisation ARC, as well as a full array of free support services provided by Student Development International (SDI) such as career and cultural workshops, legal assistance, recreational day trips and volunteer opportunities to help them settle in to their new student life in Sydney. UNSW also offers many career development services and events to equip students with the skills and hands-on experience they’ll need to enter the job market when they graduate, including a professional development program for international students, internship and careers expo’s.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
Students can gain international experience with over 200 exchange destinations to choose from at prestigious partner universities. UNSW’s Global Education Office assists Study Abroad and Exchange students during their time at UNSW. Students should apply directly to the Global Education Office to organise their applications, acceptances, visa documents, enrolment and accommodation. The Global Education Office offers Study Abroad and first year Exchange students guaranteed accommodation at UNSW*.
(*Subject to availability.)
UNSW Residential Communities is one of the largest providers of on-campus accommodation in Australia. Their recently refurbished development offers students unrivalled choice for modern living facilities.
Life on campus at UNSW is lively, fun and exciting. One of the busiest campuses in Sydney, there is always something to experience at UNSW. There are world-class sporting and recreational facilities, modern libraries, Wi-Fi throughout the campus, numerous study areas as well as a wide range of food outlets cafes and restaurants all on the campus. UNSW Australia is a village in its own right with its own services including post office, banks, medical centre and all the other amenities within easy reach.
Sydney is Australia’s largest and most cosmopolitan city and was recently voted the best student city in the QS 2013 list of top cities for students. Set on a large 38-hectare area, UNSW’s Kensington campus is located just 20 minutes from the heart of Sydney city and is a vibrant academic and social hub, providing high quality educational and an international student experience for students from Australia and all over the world.
Using UNSW as their base, students can experience the true culture of Sydney, with easy access to an endless array of popular tourist destinations, museums and art galleries, live music venues, restaurants and shopping centres.
CRICOS Provider Code 00098G
UNSW World Class
UNSW Global Education and Student Exchange
Krista – UNSW Business graduate
Sam – UNSW Business graduate
Pooja – UNSW Engineering graduate
Santiago – UNSW Built Environment graduate