Kingston University offers internationally recognised qualifications and a supportive community within easy reach of London, one of the world’s most exciting, historic and culturally rich capitals. Based in an attractive riverside area in south-west London, Kingston University is the fastest growing university in England known for its career-focused courses and excellent teaching quality. Students from all over the world have achieved success at Kingston University.
Faculties: Art, Design & Architecture, Arts and Social Sciences, Business and Law, Science, Engineering and Computing, Health and Social Care Sciences
Why Choose Kingston University?Kingston University offers internationally recognised qualifications and a supportive community within easy reach of London, one of the world’s most exciting, historic and culturally rich capitals.
Based in an attractive riverside area in south-west London, Kingston University is the fastest growing university in England known for its focused courses and excellent teaching quality. Students from all over the world have achieved success at Kingston University.
Kingston is one of the top universities for teaching in the United Kingdom and has achieved strong results in national assessments of teaching quality.
- "Kingston has one of the best teaching records of the country's modern universities with 15 subjects rated excellent under the now abandoned teaching assessment program. It sets out to make sure students have transferable skills and offers a range of work-based courses" – The Sunday Times 2010
- High-quality teaching and career-focused courses are at the core of Kingston– the university has a great reputation in these fields.
- Kingston University has four teaching campuses. Each has its own character, but all offer state-of-the-art facilities and a friendly study environment.
Kingston University carries out a wide range of research and offers a wealth of expertise. Many of the researchers have common or complementary interests and work together in teams.
- Over the past five years the University has followed an ambitious programme in the areas of research and enterprise. It has consolidated its research strengths through the creation of centres of research excellence and research groups. Is has developed new areas of research expertise and developed new, commercial and industrial partnerships to facilitate the transfer and commercial exploitation of its knowledge base.
- Kingston University prides itself on the quality of its work. The University carries out important, original research with high standards of scientific rig our and integrity.
- The University submitted work for 18 units of assessment. 12 of the 18 units submitted achieved a 4* ranking, denoting world-leading research.
- Other particularly strong subjects include Nursing, History of Art and Architecture and Design.
- The Research Repository contains details of more than 7,000 items of published research by university staff and researchers and is the 20th largest university repository in the UK. Over the past year, the Repository attracted more than 79,000 visitors from 178 countries and territories worldwide.
The student population is becoming increasingly diverse which creates a welcoming, multi-cultural environment and provides an excellent opportunity for students to develop a dynamic, world-wide network.
- With students from over 150 countries representing nations across the world, Kingston is a truly multicultural university. Students benefit from a learning environment which is enriched by different cultures and opinions.
- At Kingston University, students will have access to a range of support services throughout their course and after they leave.
- Kingston accepts a wide variety of international, high quality academic qualifications for entry onto its undergraduate courses. International students, who do not meet the academic requirements, can join the International Foundation Year which can help them gain entry onto an undergraduate course.
- In addition to the required academic qualifications, international students will need to demonstrate a good standard of English if this is not their first language. The preferred English language qualification is IELTS, but Kingston also accepts a number of IELTS-equivalent English language qualifications.
- International students, who do not meet the English language requirements, may be eligible to join one of the Pre-sessional English courses that will prepare them for their studies. The course will enable students to develop English language skills and develop skills and strategies for university success. It will also give students exposure to the teaching and learning methods used at Kingston University.
- Kingston offers free English language courses throughout the academic year to help develop confidence and improve academic English.
- International students are guaranteed place in halls of residence for the duration of their first year at Kingston, provided they apply in time and meet the eligibility criteria.
- The International Student Advisory Centre (ISAC) can help students before and during their studies with any questions or problems they may have, including: obtaining or extending student visas, visa advice if travelling abroad, working in the UK, living in the UK and requesting a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
- All undergraduate students are allocated personal tutors, who provide guidance with general aspects of learning. Under Kingston’s ‘peer-assisted learning’ scheme, undergraduate students can also receive help and advice from more experienced students.
- Postgraduate students are able to use the facilities at Kingston’s Graduate Centres – dedicated spaces on each campus which are ideal for private study.
- Pre-Masters Programme: Students who do not meet the academic requirements, are offered a Business and Management Pre-Masters Programme to prepare them for study at Masters Level in Business or Management. Studied over two terms, the Pre-Masters Programme (PMP) is a programme of academic subjects, study skills and English language training designed specifically to prepare students for Masters Study at Kingston University.