Study Information Technology in USA
Find everything you need to start your IT course in USA
Given the bright prospects, many students prefer to study information technology in USA to have a competitive edge in the job market. Courses in the US are designed perfectly for the aspiring tech-savvy. With technology being an integral part of our modern-day life, there will never be a dearth of opportunities in the field. The US has a big portion of the world’s largest tech companies, but it’s not the only reason why students prefer to study in the US.
Why study IT in USA?
- The programs lay equal emphasis on building a strong theoretical base along with experiential, hands-on knowledge
- With the option to change majors or opt for multiple specialisations, students can enjoy academic flexibility
- The US offers a rich cultural and social experience, along with a well-rounded approach to education
- As per the US Bureau of Labour Statistics, it’s expected to see the software developers and applications field to rise by 26% from 2018 through 2028, which is a great motivating factor for international students to explore career options in the field
How to select the right university for your IT program?
Selecting a university to study information technology can be rather tedious task. Here some of the key factors to consider while selecting the right USA university for your IT degree:
Application requirements for IT courses in USA
Application requirements to a bachelor’s degree in information technology in USA differs from institution to another, however, the main and general eligibility criteria are:
- Completion of higher secondary school with minimum qualifying marks from a recognised school
- Reputed institutions require a minimum1,500 out of 2,400 for SAT exams
- You’ll also need an IELTS score of 6.5
To be eligible for an IT master’s program in USA, you must also:
- Complete your bachelors in a relevant field from a recognised college or university
- A GRE score in the range of 300 to 330
- An IELTS score of 6.5
How much does it cost to study IT in USA & what’s its average course duration?
|Education level||Average cost*||Duration|
|Advanced Certificate||USD 4,000 - 20,000||1 year (2 semesters)|
|Associate degree||USD 4,000 - 30,000||2 years (4 semesters)|
|Bachelors||USD 6,000 - 35,000||4 years (8 semesters)|
|Masters||USD 6,000 and 100,000||2 years (4 semesters)|
*Indicative prices only. Contact your IDP counsellor for the latest information about the cost of studying IT in USA.
What are the top IT jobs for IT graduates from USA?
The best part about the IT sector is that there is no dearth of job opportunities at both entry and expert levels. With a myriad of options to choose from, you can easily propel your career as:
- Web developer
- IT consultant
- IT support
- Computer Programmer
- Software Analyst
- Software engineer
- Information security analyst
- Programmer analyst
- Database and system administrator
- IT implementation specialist
- Business analyst
- Network manager
- Technical author
Kick start your education journey to USA! Speak with your IDP Education counsellor now to turn your study ambition into action!