- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study Abroad in Australia
- Study Abroad in USA
- Study Abroad in the UK
- Study Abroad in Canada
- Study Abroad in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Step-by-step guide
- Student stories
- IELTS Testing Service
- About us
- Contact us
Study Abroad in Australia
Study Abroad in USA
Study Abroad in the UK
Study Abroad in Canada
Applying for visas is often seen as complicated, but IDP Education’s trained counsellors are experts in guiding students through the application process.
There are several types of student visas for Australia; the one you need depends on the type of study you are planning to undertake.
You are required to lodge your application for a visa at least 12 weeks prior to the orientation date at your institution.
You will need the following documents for your visa application:
- Visa application form (which your counsellor will help you complete)
- Visa application fee
- passport size photographs
- Valid Passport
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (once your counsellor has applied to institutions for you)
- IELTS result (your counsellor can book your place in an English test)
- Academic and work experience documents
- Statement of purpose
- Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependants, return airfare)
* For detailed visa application checklist, please speak to your counsellor.
On lodging of your visa application, your counsellor will download the medical forms. You will need to undergo medical examination by a doctor.
Your application will be allocated a unique Transaction Reference Number (TRN) by the Australian Government. You may find out about the status of your application online.