MSc in the USA
Find the MSc you want in the USA
Those looking for a Master of Science (MSc) in the fields of technology, science or mathematics will be no stranger to the number of acclaimed universities from Ivy Leagues to institutions such as Stanford University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA. The land of opportunity continues to dominate Reuter’s list of Most Innovative Universities, with a total of 46 universities standing in the top 100.
Why get your MS in the USA?
Universities in the USA pride themselves on being at the forefront of technology, research and techniques. In addition to rigour in the program structure, students can expect advanced equipment with up-to-date technical capabilities in a stimulating and dynamic environment that pushes for innovation. Beyond the academic rigour is also access to a wide diversity of cultures and a competitive job market with access to the headquarters of many leading global companies.
Choosing your university
Here are some key things to look out for in choosing your university:
● Research facilities – Cutting-edge equipment and resources can reflect the willingness of the university to invest in research and education, and enable the research work and practical assignments done during your coursework.
● Curriculum – Whether you are looking to specialise or gain deeper cross-disciplinary expertise in your field of study, do a research into the university structure and curriculum to see if they can fit your needs.
● Location and Housing Options – With 50 states and six time zones for your pick, you’ll be sure to find the one that fits what you want or need.
● Course structure and fee – While tuition fees shouldn’t vary too much for the same fields of study, the kind of financial assistance and scholarships available to you may differ more substantially.
Admission requirements for American universities
While requirements may differ across universities, typical key requirements for taking a MS include:
● Academic qualification that can be converted into a GPA and meet the requirements of the universities
● Proof of English Language proficiency for non-native English speakers through IELTS/TOEFL certification
● Graduate admission tests such as Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
● Letters of recommendations from academic referees and work colleagues
● Personal statements and research statements may also be required
Finding what fits you best can be overwhelming. IDP international education specialists guide you through your options and the necessary application processes for universities and visas. Speak to us now for free.
✔️ Free counselling session
✔️ Assist students in selecting the right course and university
✔️ Recommend a list of potential scholarships
✔️ Support application process to your school or university, follow-up and receive CoE
✔️ Provide guidance for visa interview, complete visa application process
✔️ Find accommodation, flight booking, pre-departure briefing
✔️ At IDP, one student is placed successfully every 14 minutes across the globe. Our visa success rate is more than 95%.