The scholarship offers a waiver of the 02 years tuition study in The Peninsula School for Vietnamese students with proven academic excellence and English language proficiency. The value of 2 years tuition is approximately A$60000.
This scholarship is normally for Year 10 students studying at a Gifted High School in Viet Nam, for a position in Years 11 and 12 in the Victorian Certificate of Education. Students in Year 11 will also be considered for a position in Year 12 in 2016.Students not attending schools for the Gifted may also be considered. Students should have completed at least Year 10 in Vietnam before they begin to study in Australia in January 2016.
Requirement Check list
Stage 1– Short-listing for Interview :
- Scholarship application form with parent’s signature
- A copy of the 3 most recent school reports. These will need to be translated and certified as original.
- Important Merit Certificates
- Relevant documents demonstrating strong English language proficiency,at least 6.0 overall and 5.5 in the writing section of IELTS or equivalent test (If at the time of initial application you have not completed IELTS and you are shortlisted for interview, you will be given until September 15thto complete your IELTS).
- A hand written letter from you about why you would like to come to Australia to study and your aspirations.
- A CV giving all personal details, contact email and phone numbers and a list of achievements which need not only be academic.
- The name, position, telephone number and email address of a referee who is, or has been your teacher, or who holds a senior position in your school.
Please make sure all above documents reach IDP Vietnam no later than 24thJuly2015.
Certified copies of original documents are required and documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations.
Stage 2 –Scholarships offered:
- A recent digital photo.
- A copy of the details page of your passport, or if you have no passport, your ID card.
- An acceptance letter to the offer of the scholarship, signed by one of your parents.
v Short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in an interview to be held in Vietnam
v Interviews will take place in lateAugust in HCMCand Hanoi.
v The interview with each candidate will last about 20-30 minutes and be conducted in English.
v The interview will play a major role in the awarding of each Scholarship.
v If you are shortlisted and you do not have an IELTS score you will be given until September 14thto complete IELTS or its equivalent.
v All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their scholarship applications in late September 2015.
Costs not included in scholarship:
v The following costs will be the responsibility of student’s family in case the student accepts the scholarship and enrolls at The Peninsula School:
- IDP Visa Assistance: U$500
- Visa application fee for Australian Consulate General
- Estimated Airfares fee: U$650-700
- Estimated living expenses: around A$ 26,000/year (including accommodation, uniform and book charges)
About IDP Education
IDP Education is an organization which was established more than 45 years ago, and has been operating in Vietnam for over 20 years. IDP plays an important role in facilitating international education, helping over 400,000 students succeed in quality schools in Australia, UK, USA, Canada and New Zealand. The company has a network of 80 international admissions office and helps students from 50 different countries to achieve their study plans.
For more information, visit www.idp.com/vietnam or:
- TP HCM: Star Tower Building, 33 Mac Dinh Chi, District 1, tel: (08) 3910 4205;
223 Hung Vuong Street, District 5, Tel: (08) 3835 0133.
- Ha Noi: 53A Le Van Huu, Hai Ba Trung District, tel: (04) 3943 9739.
- Da Nang: 96 Le Loi Street, Hai Chau District. Tel: (0511) 388 9828.
- Can Tho: 131 Tran Hung Dao, Ninh Kieu District. Tel: (0710) 373 3667
About IDP IELTS
IDP is a proud co-owner of IELTS worldwide and has nearly 20 year experience in Vietnam. IDP has administrated the IELTS exam for over a half millions of students in Vietnam with many achieving their desired results. With the intent of studying abroad, immigration, career promotion, or using IELTS to be exempted from the English Graduation exam, you can contact us and register at the IDP offices. By offering professional service, well-equipped library system at IDP and ACET, convenient test venues and times, prompt results delivery, IDP will be your trusted companion for your future.
ACET was established by IDP Education and UTS:INSEARCH in Vietnam as a provider of academic English programs, IELTS registration and high-quality IELTS preparation courses. ACET is proud of its high-quality academic programs, dedicated and professional staff and the valued support that is offered to students. For more information, visit www.acet.edu.vn.
UTS: INSEARCH is a premium pathway college for students wishing to study at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) in Australia. Once students complete their English Language studies, they can move into pathway programs with UTS Foundation Studies and diplomas, and then into the second year of their bachelor degree programs at the University of Technology, Sydney. Academic English students may also go on to post-graduate studies and research programs at UTS.
UTS: INSEARCH has over 25 years’ experience in developing leading English Language curriculum and teaching English Language to international students.For more information, visit www.insearch.com.vn