University Of South Australia
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Star Building, 33 Mac Dinh Chi , District 1
University Profile (Why study at University of South Australia…)
The University of South Australia is a progressive international university with a 150 year history, supporting a vibrant student community from around the world. In 2013/14, the QS ‘Top 50 under 50’ ranked the University of South Australia at number 42 in the world for universities less than 50 years old.
- A ranking of five QS Stars
- Award winning teachers
- Practice based learning and strong industry links
- World class research
- State of the art technologies in modern facilities
- Excellent study support services and great student experiences
- Location: South Australia
- Main Campus: Adelaide
- International Students: 6,000
- Total Student Population: 35,000
- Faculties: Health Sciences; Business and Law; Education, Arts and Social Sciences; IT, Engineering and the Environment
- Profile: The University of South Australia is a globally focused, locally engaged institution established on the dual principles of equity and excellence. With more than 35,000 students the University offers a quality educational experience that is innovative, world-class and built on more than 150 years of teaching, learning and research excellence.
The University of South Australia offers a unique educational experience that prepares students for professional and personal success.
The University’s dedication to academic excellence through coursework, postgraduate research and practical based learning is evidenced by the quality of graduates, who have the knowledge and experience as well as the personal and practical skills to make an immediate impact in their chosen profession.
Five Star University
The 2014 QS World University Rankings recognised the University of South Australia as a Five Star university for teaching, innovation, access, internationalisation and facilities.
Award winning teachers
Teachers are experts in their fields and almost 70 per cent of academic staff hold doctorates, which puts the University in the top 10 universities in Australia on this measure. Many of the teaching staff have been actively involved in industry and practise what they teach.
Practise based learning
Students will get the chance to test their learning in real work environments. They will have the opportunity to participate in clinical or field placements, assist with industry-based projects or work alongside people from industry and the professions.
The 2012 round of Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluation rated more than 86 per cent of the University’s assessed research as world-class standard or above.
Each campus is equipped with the latest facilities including modern lecture theatres, libraries, workshops, laboratories and areas that simulate how students will work once they graduate. This is all backed up by a fully interactive online learning environment.
Great career outcomes
Graduate employment rates are above the national average and the highest in South Australia. The Career Services unit offers employment and careers expos, networking and mentoring schemes.
Services are designed to help students succeed in their studies and manage student life. Among the 28 Australian institutions that participated in the 2013 International Student Barometer, the University of South Australia ranked number two nationally for support for international students.
The experience of a lifetime
Areas of Study
List of academic areas – i.e. Faculties/Schools/Colleges:
- City West - located in Adelaide’s central business district, City West is home to the Business School as well as visual art, architecture and design, Australian and Indigenous studies.
- City East - located on North Terrace in the city centre, City East is home to the Division of Health Sciences and the School of Natural and Built Environments.
- Magill - eight kilometres from the city centre, the Magill campus is set among lush gardens and open spaces and is home to the Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Mawson Lakes - located north of the city centre and home to the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment, this campus also offers science, civil aviation and education studies.
- The University also offers programs on regional campuses in Mt Gambier and Whyalla.
University of South Australia funded international Scholarships
Each year, more than 2,500 students at the University of South Australia benefit from scholarships and grants worth millions of dollars. As part of this, the University offers a number of scholarships to make study in Adelaide affordable for international students.