Hoi thao Dai hoc Dayton
WELCOMING, SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
DAYTON, Ohio -- The University of Dayton is a top-tier, Catholic, research university in the United States. Founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary (the Marianists), the University of Dayton focuses on educating the whole person, connecting learning with leadership and service. Through student clubs, campus recreation, education abroad, research, service-learning and career preparation, students are encouraged to engage the world, develop critical mind and compassionate heart
Located in the Midwestern U.S. city of Dayton, Ohio, the University of Dayton offers more than 80 undergraduate and 50 graduate programs in arts and sciences, business administration, education and health sciences, engineering and law.
Students from 70 countries call themselves Dayton Flyers, with students coming from countries around the world, from India and Brazil to Tunisia and Turkey, from China to Lebanon.
The Center for International Programs provides support for international students, including immigration advising, workshops, orientation, academic and nonacademic advising, social and extracurricular activities and emergencies.
The Intensive English Program offers a concentrated and intense language program combined with a true American university experience that introduces students to U.S. American culture while they develop strong English language skills, preparing them for the university classroom or the work place.
International merit scholarships are available to first-year and transfer undergraduate international applicants and graduate assistantships, covering the cost of tuition and fees, are available through the departments based on academic excellence.
There are more than 200 student clubs, including the International Club, Chinese Students and Scholars Association, Indian Student Association and Muslim Student Association.
Notable aspects of the University of Dayton include:
● Enrollment is 7,900 full-time undergraduates and 2,800 graduate and law students, and more than 550 full-time faculty members, resulting in a 15-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 27.
● More than 80 percent of students live on or near campus in high-quality residence halls and distinctive student neighborhoods, making it one of the most residential campuses in the U.S.
● The University of Dayton Research Institute, which conducts more than $80 million a year in research and development projects Nearly 400 full-time researchers and support staff work side by side with graduate and undergraduate students.
● Ranking of second in the U.S. in federally sponsored materials research.
● A master's in renewable and clean energy. Entry into the program is highly sought and it attracts Fulbright scholars from around the world.
● Cutting-edge institutes and centers provide special focus in a wide variety of disciplines including sustainability, tissue regeneration, project management, sensors, electro-optics, laser radar, computer vision and wide-area surveillance, and many others.
● A welcoming, supportive environment for international students, highlighted in a New York Times story about Muslim women enrolling at Catholic schools.
● Corporate partnerships with companies such as GE Aviation and Emerson Climate Technologies, which have located multimillion dollar research facilities on campus, offering opportunities to students and faculty to work side-by-side with professionals to create solutions to real-world problems.
● At the University's China Institute in the Suzhou Industrial Park, the fastest-growing such park in the world, students can study for a semester for the same cost as staying on the Dayton campus and work on research and development projects with some of the Fortune 500 companies located in the park.
● For nine straight years, the University's entrepreneurship program has ranked in the top 20 in the U.S.by The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine.
● Excels at placing students in jobs. At least 95 percent of its undergraduates from 2011 to 2014 had jobs or were enrolled in graduate school or a service program within a year of graduation, according to respondents to a University of Dayton career services survey.
● Provides study, work or volunteer opportunities on every continent except Antarctica.
About IDP Education
IDP Education is an organization which was established more than 45 years ago, and has been operating in Vietnam for over 20 years. IDP plays an important role in facilitating international education, helping over 400,000 students succeed in quality schools in Australia, UK, USA, Canada and New Zealand. The company has a network of 80 international admissions office and helps students from 50 different countries to achieve their study plans.
For more information, visit www.idp.com/vietnam or:
- TP HCM: Star Tower Building, 33 Mac Dinh Chi, District 1, tel: (08) 3910 4205;
223 Hung Vuong Street, District 5, Tel: (08) 3835 0133.
- Ha Noi: 53A Le Van Huu, Hai Ba Trung District, tel: (04) 3943 9739.
- Da Nang: 96 Le Loi Street, Hai Chau District. Tel: (0511) 388 9828.
- Can Tho: 131 Tran Hung Dao, Ninh Kieu District. Tel: (0710) 373 3667
About IDP IELTS
IDP is a proud co-owner of IELTS worldwide and has nearly 20 year experience in Vietnam. IDP has administrated the IELTS exam for over a half millions of students in Vietnam with many achieving their desired results. With the intent of studying abroad, immigration, career promotion, or using IELTS to be exempted from the English Graduation exam, you can contact us and register at the IDP offices. By offering professional service, well-equipped library system at IDP and ACET, convenient test venues and times, prompt results delivery, IDP will be your trusted companion for your future.
ACET was established by IDP Education and UTS:INSEARCH in Vietnam as a provider of academic English programs, IELTS registration and high-quality IELTS preparation courses. ACET is proud of its high-quality academic programs, dedicated and professional staff and the valued support that is offered to students. For more information, visit www.acet.edu.vn.
There are no events