Meet and discuss with the school's representative from Nottingham University School of Law
Meet and discuss with the school's represetative from Nottingham University school of Law.
Time: 11h - 12h Friday February 19th 2016.
Venue: IDP office, Star Building, 33 Mac Dinh Chi, district 1
The University of Nottingham School of Law is situated in the idyllic surrounds of the beautiful 330-acre University Park Campus - the perfect location for studying, access to first-class facilities and the hub of student life.
We value excellence in teaching coupled with a strong research base and have a broad range of impressive teaching and research activities.
We have over 45 full-time academic staff and a total student population of around 1,000. Our students and staff come from all over the United Kingdom and the world.
World-ranked for legal research and teaching
The School of Law is consistently ranked amongst the leading law schools in the United Kingdom.
We are a world-ranked centre for legal research and teaching and have been rated as excellent in both areas:
• The school was ranked equal 6th in terms of research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework, published in December 2014
• Our staff are internationally recognised in their fields and are active scholars and teachers
• The school received an overall satisfaction rating of 90% in the 2014 National Student Survey
• The school is ranked 4th in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015, and 6th in the Complete University Guide 2016
Our teaching excellence is often recognised, with our staff winning awards and commendations. Some of our most recent awards include:
• Success at the Students' Union Staff Oscars!
• OBE for Professor Diane Birch
• Edward Goodwin wins 'best all-rounder' personal tutor award
• School of Law wins two Dearing Awards for enhancing student learning
The School of Law boasts an impressive series of specialist masters degrees which are supported by a diverse portfolio of approximately 50 modules.
We ensure our curriculum reflects the changing international environment, to keep you up to date with cutting edge sector developments.
Postgraduate taught courses
• Master of Laws LLM
• Criminal Justice LLM
• Environmental Law LLM
• European Law LLM
• Human Rights Law LLM
• International Commercial Law LLM
• International Criminal Justice and Armed Conflict
• International Law LLM
• International Law and Development LLM
• Maritime Law LLM
• Public International Law LLM
• Public Procurement Law and Policy LLM
• Public Procurement Law and Policy PGDip
• Public Procurement Law and Policy PGCert
• International Law, Security and Terrorism MA
• Law and Environmental Science MSc
• Socio-Legal and Criminological Research MA
The Graduate School
The Graduate School is a unique facility that focuses on postgraduate education and represent the needs of postgraduate students within the University.
Postgraduate Research Degrees
At the School of Law we strive to promote research excellence among all our scholars and Postgraduate research students are invited to play a full role in all the research activities of the school.
Whilst legal research is often an individual activity, many collaborative research activities take place in the school
• co-authorship of publications
• collaborations with visiting scholars
• seminars, reading and discussion groups
• distinguished visitors' seminars
The School of Law offers supervision for research degrees in most subject areas of the law, and also for inter-disciplinary projects which have a legal aspect.
The school currently has about forty registered graduate research candidates, who come from all over the world.