Kent State - A place to be for international students
Meet and discuss with representative from Kent State University.
Tmie: 17h30-19h30 Thursday March 31st 2016
Venue: IDP office – 53A Le Van Huu, Hai Ba Trung district.
Sign up: (04) 3943 9739
Time: 17h30-19h30 Tuesday April 5th 2016
Venue: IDP office – Star Building, 33 Mac Dinh Chi, district 1.
Sign up: (08) 2249 0000, 3835 0133
Or sign up online here
Kent State: You Should Be Here
Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development for the region and the world. Located in Kent, Ohio in the Great Lakes region of the United States, Kent State has also earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole through a vast array of continuing education courses and much more.
Kent State by the Numbers
• Ranked 175th among the Best Colleges in the United States by U.S. News & World Report
• Ranked among America’s top 100 Public Universities by U.S. News & World Report
• Ranked among the top 75 public high-research universities in the United States as determined by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
• More than 43,000 graduate/undergraduates enrolled at the main Kent State campus and its nine regional campuses
• Over 3,045 international students enrolled for the Spring 2016 semester.
• Home to more than 69 academic centers and institutes including the world-renowned Liquid Crystal Institute, Kent State Airport, Centennial Research Park and the Wick Poetry Center
• The main Kent campus offers 24 residence halls housing 6,453 students living on the Kent campus, 12 residential learning communities and 22 on-campus restaurants and eateries.
• Kent State University has more than 227,000 alumni worldwide, representing 103 countries.
• 370 on-campus student clubs and organizations
Kent State: World Class Academics
More than 2,623 full- and part-time faculty have degrees from more than 150 national and international institutions. They hail from six different continents. More than 70 percent have attained the highest degree in their field. More than 90% of classes have fewer than 50 students and more than 45% have fewer than 20
Kent State offers more than 300 academic programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels across ten colleges and one independent school:
• College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability and Environmental Design
o Our flight-training program is recognized by major airlines and the U.S. military as one of the nation’s best.
o The aeronautics program is the only one in Ohio accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI)
• College of Architecture and Environmental Design
• College of the Arts
o School of Fashion Design and Merchandising ranked 22nd in the world in 2014 by Fashionista Magazine
o Located in the New York City Garment District, Kent State’s NYC Studio provides full-semester academic programs for Kent State fashion students during the fall, spring, or summer terms.
• College of Arts and Sciences
o The College of Arts and Sciences is recognized by several prestigious organizations, including: National Academy of Sciences, Institution for Financial Markets, Science Watch, American Physical Society and the National Science Foundation
o The birthplace of liquid crystal displays, the Glenn H. Brown Liquid Crystal Institute was founded in 1965.
• College of Business Administration
o College of Business Administration recognized as top-tier program in the U.S. by both U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review.
o Accredited by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
• College of Communication and Information
o Kent State’s student television network, TV2, is ranked the nation’s best having received The College Media Advisors National Pinnacle Award
o Home to Glyphix, an award-winning student design studio, and The Tannery, a student-run, full-service marketing communication firm
• College of Education, Health and Human Services
• College of Nursing
o Several programs in the Kent State nursing program are offered in conjunction with the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic.
• College of Podiatric Medicine
• College of Public Health
• School of Digital Sciences
• Honors College
Kent State: A Friendly, Safe, Secure Campus
• One of the safest universities in the U.S. as reported by the Consortium for Higher Education Campus Crime Research and FBI Uniform Crime Statistics
• All residence halls remain locked 24 hours a day, seven days a week and are accessed by assigned key cards. Visitors are escorted at all times.
• The Kent State police department has twice been honored with the designation of "Flagship Agency," which recognizes law enforcement agencies that represent extraordinary examples of excellence in law enforcement accreditation.
• Every residence hall is patrolled by Residence Services Security Aides. These aides are in constant contact with University Police via two-way radio. The aides are instantly recognizable by their yellow coats and shirts. They can be called to act as an escort between 8 p.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week.
• Flash ALERTS is Kent State’s official emergency text notification system to alert subscribers of critical information no matter what time it is or where they are in the world.
Kent State: A Home Away from Home for International Students
Besides numerous student support facilities and social events campus-wide, Kent State actively supports international students and ease their transition to academic life in the U.S. through its Office of Global Education by:
• Staging an orientation event for incoming international students to better acquaint them with the Kent State campus and the key factors important to their academic success.
• Advising international students about cultural adjustment issues and other concerns they may face while students at Kent State University and living in the United States.
• Assisting students in maintaining their visa status, as well as other study abroad requirements
• Planning numerous programs and events, which provide international students with an opportunity to meet other international and domestic students, while also affording them a chance to discover the unique cultural diversity of Northeast Ohio.
Kent State: More Study Abroad Opportunities
Understanding the dynamics of an increasingly global marketplace, Kent State is truly an international academic community. The university offers numerous opportunities for its students to study at locations and institutions outside the borders of the United States. The university’s Office of Global Education helps students discover the program that is optimal for their individual academic goals
• Kent State Florence Center. Our premier international program is located in Florence, Italy, and offers a unique Italian experience with course offerings in many academic areas. The program is popular among students with majors in architecture, fashion, art, and design.
• Kent State Geneva Center (in partnership with Webster University). Our program in Geneva, Switzerland offers a wide range of courses, as well as the opportunity to intern with globally-recognized organizations.
• International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP). As an ISEP member, Kent State is part of a network of over 300 colleges and universities in 50 countries cooperating to provide affordable access to international education for a diverse student population.
• Students can also choose to study as long-term exchange students in over 50 countries or participate in short-term faculty-led study abroad courses.
Kent State: Guiding Students to a Successful Career
From the time you arrive on campus, Kent State is helping you build the groundwork for a successful future by providing not only a world-class quality education, but career services as well. The staff of the university’s Career Services Center truly cares about why you are in college and assists students with opportunities to excitedly explore various careers and, upon graduation, confidently pursue a rewarding future.
The benefits to active students, which the Center provides include:
• Career guidance and advising
• Career planning and exploration
• Resume preparation
• Global job search opportunities
• Virtual mock interviews
• Networking tip and tricks
Located in Northeast Ohio, Kent State is also adjacent to the corporate headquarters of many of the world’s Fortune 500 companies such as Goodyear, The Cleveland Clinic, Lubrizol, Diebold, Eaton Corporation, Moen, Nestlé, Proctor and Gamble, Progressive Corporation, RPM International, Sherwin-Williams, The Timken Company and numerous others.
Kent State: The Best Place to Be
Kent State University is located in the city of Kent in the northeast section of the state of Ohio, which is in the Midwest region of the United States. Situated on the Cuyahoga River, Kent (pop. 28,000) is a small town with tree-lined streets, an abundance of open spaces and lots of fresh air. A historic downtown boasts numerous restaurants, shops and stores, as well as a wealth of entertainment venues. Plus with a cost of living which 10% less than the national average, the Kent area is also one of the most affordable places to live in the U.S.
Kent State: You Should Be Here
With world-respected academics, a safe, tree-lined campus and a quality of life that is second-to-none, Kent State offers you a highly favorable match between the cost and quality of your education. With all it has to offer, you should be at Kent State University.