- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the USA
- Study in the UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in New Zealand
- Student stories
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Step-by-step guide
- Hot News
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- What is IELTS?
- Book My Test
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS for UK
- IELTS Result
- Study English
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the USA
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Algonquin College is waiving the admission fee for international student. Deadline August 31st 2016.
About Algonquin College:
With over 180 programs in several areas, including: advanced technology, business, media arts/design, health and community studies, hospitality and tourism, 20,000 full time students, and three vibrant campuses in the Ottawa region, Algonquin College is one of Canada’s largest colleges. We are internationally renowned for delivering world-class education and training with a focus on both theoretical learning and real-world applied skills development; we currently deliver high quality programs in in China, India, Montenegro, Tanzania, Thailand, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia.
With 1,500 international students from over 100 countries at the Ottawa campus, Algonquin College focuses on both theory and applied learning through industry partnerships, co-operative education, field placements and post-graduate employment opportunities for international students. 85% of our graduates find jobs within six months. Algonquin provides graduates not only with the education, but also the knowledge and skills required for today's global marketplace. This is achieved through classroom instruction, on-site facilities visits, field placements and co-operative education to ensure our students graduate with the skills and confidence they need enter the job market. Algonquin believes learning is a lifelong journey that begins with a progressive mindset. Algonquin College embraces this challenge of the digital age with its mission to be “the connected college” of the world.
Over the years, Algonquin College has been internationally recognized for:
• Diverse areas of studies that answer to the needs of today’s employment market.
• A focus on applied studies that allows you to gain practical experience through field work or co-op placements.
• A student-centered approach that helps promote success through comprehensive resources, diverse support services, and dedicated faculty and staff.
• Modern facilities and strategic partnerships that ensure students have access to the quality education and skills training required to launch a rewarding career.
ALGONQUIN FAST FACTS
• 85% employment rate for graduates
• 90% of programs are now mobile: students need to have a mobile computing device
• Most programs have switched from printed books to e-Texts (lifetime access on your device)
• 4th largest college in Ontario with 20,000 full-time students
• 180+ bachelor degrees, postgraduate and diploma programs
• Co-operative education, fieldwork, team projects and lab work
• Student Commons Building—with 700-seat theatre
• A wireless campus