A top 50 world university
UNSW Australia (The University of New South Wales) is one of Australia’s leading universities with a strong international reputation. It is globally recognised for its innovative teaching methods, strong links to employers and industry, and state-of-the-art campus facilities. Located in the vibrant city of Sydney – Australia’s largest city – UNSW’s main Kensington campus and UNSW Art & Design campus are both within easy reach of the city centre and world famous Bondi Beach and Coogee Beach.Why 53,000 students choose to study at UNSW Australia:
- Ranked 48th in the world and 21st for employer reputation (QS World University Rankings 2014).
- The first university in the world to be awarded a QS Five Star Plus rating (QS Intelligence Unit 2014).
- Educated more CEOs of Australia’s top 50 companies than any other Australian University (Suncorp Banks Power Index 2012).
- UNSW graduates earn the highest median starting salaries of any university in the State (Australian Graduate Survey 2012).
- 53,000 students currently studying across three campuses in Sydney and Canberra, including over 12,000 international students from more than 120 countries.
- UNSW’s Engineering Faculty consistently ranks as the best faculty in the country for engineering education and is the largest of its kind in Australia (Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities in Engineering 2013)
UNSW is an acknowledged world leader in photovoltaics, HIV/AIDS research, solar energy, interactive cinema and quantum computing. It was one of only four Australian universities to receive an average rating of “above world standard” in the Excellence in Research for Australia Report 2012.
With strong links to industry and top-tier employers, UNSW is also renowned for being a member of prestigious networks and partnerships.
- UNSW is a founding member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) – a coalition of Australia’s leading teaching and research-intensive universities
- UNSW gained membership to the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) and Universitas 21 network
- UNSW is the only Australia university invited to join GlobalTech, the Global Alliance of Technological Universities.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
UNSW Residential Communities is one of the largest providers of on-campus accommodation in Australia. Their recently refurbished development offers students unrivalled choice for modern living facilities.
Campus lifeLife on campus at UNSW is lively, fun and exciting. One of the busiest campuses in Sydney, there is always something to experience at UNSW. There are world-class sporting and recreational facilities, modern libraries, Wi-Fi throughout the campus, numerous study areas as well as a wide range of food outlets cafes and restaurants all on the campus. UNSW Australia is a village in its own right with its own services including post office, banks, medical centre and all the other amenities within easy reach.
What our students say
Name: Nurakhfini Septiany
Specialisation: Education and TESOL
“UNSW Australia is one of the top eight universities in Australia [...] I believe the program that I enrolled in would help me in my career development in my home country [...]
UNSW has excellent teaching staff - as an international student, I feel that they are really supportive especially in terms of helping me to adapt with the education system here. I hope that I can share the knowledge and experience here not only to my students but also to my colleagues.
The courses here are very practical, I am sure I can implement the knowledge from the courses right away when returning to my home institution. Furthermore, I learnt about various cultures from my friends [in Australia] who come from all over the world. The teaching environment created by the teaching staff here has inspired me to adopt the approach to my own students or when delivering lectures.
The diverse cultural background amongst the students, as well as the teaching staff, educated me about cross-cultural understanding - I plan to go back to my home institution to share my knowledge. UNSW has given me many exciting experiences, not only from the program that I take, but also its facilities, atmosphere, and people (staff and students). The atmosphere in Kensington campus is very conducive, a comfortable place to study [...] and I’ve had a lot of fascinating unforgettable experiences.”
IDP Education (Vietnam) - Ho Chi Minh City
IDP District 1
+ Star Building – 33 Mac Dinh Chi, District 1
+ Tel: 84 8 39104205 - Fax: 84 8 39104206
IDP District 5
+ 223 Hung Vương, District 5
+ Tel: 84 8 38350133 - Fax: 84 8 38350134
IDP Education (Vietnam) – Ha Noi
+ 53A Le Van Huu, Hai Ba Trung District
+ Tel: 84 4 39439739 - Fax: 84 4 39439737
IDP Education (Vietnam) – Da Nang
+ 96 Le Loi, Hai Chau District
+ Tel: 84 511 388 9828 - Fax: 84 511 388 9848
IDP Education (Vietnam) – Can Tho
8F, R801, PVCom Bank
+ 131 Tran Hung Dao, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho
+ Tel: 84 710 3733 667 - Fax: 84 710 3733 668