Scholarships to study abroad
There are many scholarships available for Indian students
Grants and scholarships are a great way to reduce your overall expenses on overseas education. A common misconception among candidates is that there are no scholarship opportunities available for international students. Well, that’s not true. Governments and universities around the world value high performing students and have many scholarship programs designed to attract the best and the brightest minds in their country.
Types of scholarships available
There are various kinds of scholarships available for every kind of student, and some strategic planning and in-depth research can help you land the best of them. Scholarships for studying abroad are majorly categorised as:
- Merit-basis: These scholarships are based on a student’s academic record or extracurricular activities such as achievements in sports and service to the community.
- Student specific: Students who qualify based on factors such as gender, race, religion, family and medical history can apply to such scholarships.
- Destination specific: Several public authorities, governments or universities grant bursaries and funds to students from a particular country. For instance, scholarships offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of New Zealand or the Chevening fellowship granted by the UK Government for international students from Commonwealth countries.
- Subject specific: Certain universities and institutions award grants to students who plan to pursue a specific field of study.
- Need-based: Targeted towards students facing financial constraint, these scholarships are offered on the basis of your parent’s financial background. Authorities may ask you for documents such as family income, tax statements, employment proofs, etc.
- Athletic scholarships: Provided to top-notch sportsmen, these scholarships require you to contribute with rigorous training and representing your university at events whilst balancing your education.
We know it can be a little confusing which scholarship to go for with so many options available, and that’s why our counsellors work with you to discover and apply for the best scholarships for you.
Explore your opportunities
There are numerous government and university-specific scholarships designed to attract high performing students as well as those hoping to work in the country after graduation. Many of these programs offer a substantial bulk payment, educational subsidies, or living allowances designed to make life easier for those looking to study internationally.
Plus, there are programs available for students intending to undertake undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD studies abroad as well. Regardless of whether you want to undertake a Bachelor of Arts in Australia, or PhD research in the UK, look out, there could be scholarship opportunities available for you.
Scholarships in New Zealand
Many of New Zealand’s scholarships are focused on enabling students from the Pacific and Commonwealth region to access their universities. The government has a number of programs designed to assist international students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Scholarships in the UK
There are numerous scholarships open to students from developing countries. The Government of India also provides scholarship options for academically sound students to pursue education abroad.
Find scholarships for the United Kingdom
Scholarships in Australia
The Australian Government has a large scholarship program for international students and invests over $200 million dollars per year in programs at universities and other tertiary institutions around the country. Many of the country’s top universities offer scholarships to study in Australia with added extras like health cover.
Scholarships in the US
The US universities prioritise internationalisation thereby offering scholarship options to several international students including Indians. Your counsellor will help you with the available government as well as non-government scholarship options.
Scholarships in Canada
Students can apply for scholarships provided by Canadian government, universities and several independent bodies. Indian students can be seen in plenty in Canada and most universities are happy to provide grants and scholarships to students from these countries including India.
Scholarships in Ireland
The Irish Government, higher education institutions and several private establishments have many scholarship options available for students from India. Your counsellor will help you in finding the best available scholarships and guide you with the application process.