Engineering in Australia
Why study engineering in Australia?
Engineering and technology is a well established field of study across the world. It prepares students for professional roles such as engineering trade-person or engineering associates, while technology specializations offer fields such as automotive technology, electronics, mechanics and even transportation.
Australia offers education experience that makes a real difference. The engineering colleges in Australia encourage engineers to be more creative, innovative and think independently. Engineering in Australia offers specialized Bachelor Degrees, Graduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters, Professional Doctorates and PhD’s to students across the globe.
Benefits of doing Engineering from Australia
- Engineering universities in Australian lay equal emphasis on theoretical as well as practical learning
- Be it mechanical, agricultural, aerospace, electronics or even chemical, Australian universities offer a wide range of engineering courses to students across the globe
- Excellent employment prospects await students who study engineering in Australia
- Both Graduates and Post – Graduates have to undergo internship that provide international students with the opportunity to gain industry insights of various industries.
How to select universities?
Selecting a university is one of the toughest jobs. Here some of the key factors to consider while selecting a university to pursue engineering in Australia:-
- Academic Excellence – Ensure the university you select offers high quality education with excellent teaching standards.
- Location – Analyze the location of the engineering university and its nearby area as you have to stay there for a substantial period.
- Tuition Fee – Tuition fee is an important aspect to consider while selecting a university.
- International student support – It is advised to select a university that has a well-planned structure for international students which includes orientation to the university, accommodation help and other advisory services.
What are the requirements for admissions in Australian Universities?
Students applying for under-graduate and postgraduate engineering programs must have an overall IELTS band score of 6.5, with no individual sub-score less than 6.0. Along with that, they must have completed their senior secondary school in their native country and must furnish the required mark sheets at the time of admission. On the other hand, students applying for post graduate courses must have a relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university or an equivalent diploma or certificate. Special focus is given to the projects made during the final year of undergraduate study.
Ready to get started? Book a FREE appointment to discuss your study options in Australia.
Hear what our students have to say about studying in Australia